I need help on a suggestion of amp

Username: Jarred

Post Number: 2
Right now I have a Rockford Fosgate T3002 amp powering a single alpine S12 12" subwoofer. I want to get another amp to power my speakers in my car. I have alpine Type S 6-1/2" and the RMS is 80 watts. How much watts should the other amp that i need be and what are all the accesories I need to have to install it all?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12867
40-65 watts RMS per channel x 4 @ 4 ohms. any decent amp brand. alpine, orion, PPI, a/d/s, whatever.
you'll also need a distribution block to split the power line going to the sub amp to drive both amps, and you'll need an additional 2 pair of RCA cables with remote trigger wire, and ample speaker wire to run the 4 new channels.

Post Number: 3
Well i appreciate the suggestion but i just blew my sub. I have a rockford fosgate t3002 amp and the website says that it puts out 300 watts to a single channel. My sub worked at 300 watts RMS. It blew out suddenly and now that im doing more research on it, people are saying that the T3002 amp actually puts out about 800 watts! I'm so confused on what to believe..what sub that has the RMS that will match my amp be????

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 514
Did you have any of your setting on the deck turned up as well? Like the +sub function? Also was the gain set correctly? I blew a single P3 I had a few years back because I didnt have the gain set for one, but I ran the "Mx" on my deck on phase 3 and then kept the bass up high. It sounded good but overloaded the sub and smoked the voice coils.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 515
You might look into getting an Alpine type R. They're rated at 500 rms and should be alright if the amp is putting out a little more power.

Post Number: 4
Yea thats what i was thinking..maybe the Type R would be better and yes i did have the bass setting all the way up on my head unit..As far as the gain from the amp, i have no clue. I had it installed by geek squad and i put all my trust in them to know what to set it too haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us