Whats up with this.

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 28
i have been trying to hook this damn amp up for months now and yall tell me i need a new alt right. so i call around look around here are some prices ohio generators 500, another place 639. talked to a local shop and he was saying that u can not fit a 175 amp alt in my car which is a 2000 civic. i was informed that the ho alts are unwound and redone to push more amperage. tell me what is up i was told not to buy from mr alternator. i am on the conclusion i need to sell my amp.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 677
Alternator rewindings can only go so far as the casing of the alternator and the size of the brushes are limited. You see bigger casings on ho alternators because they need larger brushes and internal components to push the extra amperage. I don't know who told you not to order from www.mralternator.com, but I used one of their alternators in my Cougar and had no problems whatsoever, I've seen others who also ordered from them and they were great, the shipping was fast, quality alternator all-around. Did put out the power it was rated for as well. If you get the right alternator, it will fit in your car as that is what it's designed for. Look on mr alternator and if it lists a 2000 Civic, then it will work.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 29
well its either that or i sell the amp and give up. are they easy to install or is there a whole bunch of rewiring.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 30
oh and the olny thing about mr alternator is that i need more than 135 amps and that is all they offer right. i mean with my die1100d how many amps alone will it draw. stock is 65

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 31
dei directed

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 263
Smoke that amp is going to draw about 110 amps so if you can't get an alternator big enough for it then your best bet is to sell it and go for one a little smaller. Sorry about the headache I know what your going though.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 681
You should be o.k. with that alternator off that amp. It'll pull a over 100 amps, say 115 to be safe, leaving you a 20 amp reserve. Also, I doubt you'll ever use that amp to it's full capabilities, at normal listening levels I doubt it'll pull over 60-70 amps.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 35
so i have abot 20 amps to run my alarm and power locks and radio and everything else

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
Is your car FULLY loaded?? If so then I would recommend that you to NEVER run the system over half volume. With a 135 amp alternator. Oh yeah and that guy is crazy cause I was looking around on kickers web site and there was a guy that said he has a 200amp on his Civic. I would have to believe him because he had over 1200 watts of RMS power in their.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 37
yeah but i bet if u can get a 200 amp aly its gonna cost abot 800 dollars. i found this website that was uspposed to be universal but i know how universal everything is not what they say but it was a 200 amp alt for like 1000 dolars. im sorry i can buy 5 geo metros for that price.

smokeitt
Unregistered guest
no it is dx but it does have power doors and alarm those only after market accessories.

smokeitt
Unregistered guest
ok i found an alt that is local on ebay that is 150 it only has 5 hours and not any more really like it should i buy it or is it not enough

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 39
IS 150 AMPS ENUF FOR MY CIVIC. I GUESS THAT IT WOULD BE 50 AMPS LEFT FOR EVERYTHING ELSE RIGHT

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
Yeah you should be fine with that. Good Luck

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 49
thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts