Kicker or Hifonics or ?

Unregistered guest
I just recently found this board, it has been very helpful and frustrating! I had a system picked out.. Alpine type R 6.5 components in the front, type R 5x7 rear and an alpine amp, nobody really talks about alpine so I decided to go with either Inifnity perfects for the front with kappa 5x7 in the rear or ?????.. I was looking at either a kicker amp 90X4 (04KX350.4) or hifonics 85x4(ZX6400). Which amp is built better? You all seem to be VERY knowledgable and I saw a very long thread on powering the Perfects so I hope these would do the trick!
By the way, I listen to a lot of rap/hiphop and the system will be in a 2004 F150 supercrew if that helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 84
im a fan of the hifonics ill be using those to power my perfect 6.1 components when i can get around to affording them. Ill also be using a brutus hifonics for my subs

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 211
I would go for the kicker amp. Those 5x7s aren't going to sound very good. Oval speakers distort easier then round speakers. You should go for plates. And you should also try a set of components for the front you will get a lot better sound with them.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 662
I'd also do the Kicker, it's built better. Listen to JayJ about the rear speakers, either none, midbasses, or a component set back there, don't do oval speakers.

SoCalSupercrew
Unregistered guest
Alright... I'll go with kicker, thank you for the input!! If I go with just midbase in the back, what should I put back there with the Infinity Perfect 6.1 components up front, does infinity have a good midbase so I can keep em the same brand?

tom metcalfe
Unregistered guest
listen , if you go with any amp or any component or any subwoofer, go with jl audio, it is quite pricy, but it is deffinately the best, no other brand to go with, get there new zr series components, or xr is good too, w7 sub, any size pretty much, and any one of there amps , 500/1 would work good for there subs and the 300/4 is good for components, they have some new amps out but i dont know a whole lot about those, kicker amps suck, go with jl audio, by far better

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
Tom you don't know what your talking about dude. I can think of about 10-15 subs and speakers better then JLs. Yes the are good but not good enough for those stupid prices. And also I would buy a kicker amp anyday over JL. If you want to buy us all JL equipment I know I will take it and I'm sure most of the others will too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
Tom you don't know what your talking about dude. I can think of about 10-15 subs and speakers better then JLs. Yes the are good but not good enough for those stupid prices. And also I would buy a kicker amp anyday over JL. If you want to buy us all JL equipment I know I will take it and I'm sure most of the others will too.

Username: Socalsupercrew

Menifee, CA

Post Number: 1
I just looked at the kicker amp again and its 90 X 4 is at 2 ohms, so it wont work for the perfects, guess its back to the research...

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 113
you and me both dude ive been told that getting an amp for front and another for back is better. are both sets of your speaker running at the same RMS if so then i guess one amp is good. Im planning on getting two sets of perfects but still using two amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 59
Get the Hifonics Zeus 4000 .. That's the best for price and wattage for the infinity kappa perfect 6.1.... Cannot beat the price of the hifonics for sure...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us