How much can 1 w3v3 handle?

Bronze Member
Username: Imagedynamics214

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 17
i just baught a little subaru for going back and forth to work how many watts do you think i can put on one jl audio w3v3 12?

i think jlaudio says 500 but im thinking i can put maybe 750 on it and it'll be just fine if the gains are set correct?

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 343
My friend Justin has three in his SUV hes pushin 800 to each..
He fried his voice coils.. then bought two new ones and pushed the same wattage. sh!t is pretty loud though..

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12981
Pushing those subs like that will shorten their lifetime by a lot.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 189
I'd say go 500 rms to it. A 500/1 will push that sub nicely. Put it in a well built enclosure and it will slam plenty for you I'm sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Imagedynamics214

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 18
how do you check the ohm load on the back of a sub box with a multimeter? what would it read if it was say a 2 ohm load?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 195
you would need to know if the sub is dual voice coil or single and then know how it is wired. I'm assuming the w3 is a dual 4 ohm and would be wired at 2 ohms.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15829
wud think u visited the JL site & saw that power color zone bar they have ...

Bronze Member
Username: Drbizerk

Okc, Ok U.s.

Post Number: 14
personally i would have another 500/1 jl amp if it were given to me!!! they always fail. only sometimes to be brought back to life. if you do decide to go with the jl amp it doesn't matter what your ohm load is as long as it falls between 1.5 - 4.0 ohms because this amp puts out the same power at all ohms that fall between 1.5 - 4.0... keep in mind higher ohms put less stress on electrical system and @ 4ohms you get a much nicer sound
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us