Gotta problem...kinda odd

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 226
Alright so I got a rd sonance 12 for my girls car. I'm was replacing a kicker cvr with it. I put in a box I made. The sub sounded pretty good for 2 full songs. Then I turn down the hu change the cd pick a song turn it back up and theres no beat. So I pop he trunk barely touch the sub and it starts playing jus fine. So I play another song it starts out fine then there's a pause in the beat n it stops again. So I barely touchthe sub again and it starts right up. weird. So I switxh it back to the cvr and it plays jus fine no stopping. All wires are tight in the amp, grounds are good, amp never powers off or protect light comes on. I tested the voice coils with a dmm both side of the rd n cvr are like 1.8-2.2ish right around 2. I checked the ohm load at the speaker terminals on the box and the rd n cvr were both 1.4 . I'm runnin either off a hifonics bxi 610 which is 1 ohm stable n has been runnin the cvr with 0 problems for months. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5129
amps filter too high, or too low?

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 54
check your amp sensitivity might be set to low

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1106
how low do your volts drop on your batt?
what kinda hu you running? could be rca?
turn the gain down and see if it still does it.

side note "IMHO hifonics amps are crap and don't play clean!"

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 227
I have the lpf at like 11 o'clock which ranges 35 to 250 n the subsonic filter at like 9 o'clock n in a range of 15-35. I don't believe the voltage is dropping much the lights don't dim at all. At max playin volume the lights barely dim almost unnoticable. Her hu is a p.o.s dual, I was thinkin its the hu but it never messes up with anyother sub I've had in the there. Could it be the speakr terminal inputs or watever on the back of the box. I did use an old one that was in a diff box. Jus reused it, but the box it came outta is pretty old

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 228
Anyone else?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10879
Tinsel leads would be my guess... thats the only thing that would explain it when you touch the sub

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 229
M.s. I believe ur right man. I pulled the sub out the box 1 of it's tinsel leads are real tight the rest feel fine. So wat can I do besides send it back to rd. Anything I can personally fix?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10887
Nope, recone time if thats the problem.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 230
That's wack this sub is brand new

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 189
thats sh!tty man...

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 846
I was thinking tinsle leads too. Stop knocking hifonics. My amp sounds great and has zero problems even being wired under 1ohm. Yes they are over rated but not as much as ppl think.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1111
Be prepared to wait 3 months if that to get your sub back from steve. Hope you have a extra sub laying around you can use in the meantime.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 231
Yea I've had zero problems with either of my past hifonics amps. N yea the cvr goin back in. Only instead of usin the 1.2 cu ft sealed pre fab box it was in I'm puttin it in the box I made for the rd. It's 1.75 cu ft ported to 32 hz. not in a hurry to send it back to rd. I already kno itll be quite some time before I see that fokker again. So far not likein new rd products. Love my 1000.1 version 1, but my version 2 already pooped out n now a new sonance went out like that.

Bronze Member
Username: Excursion

Post Number: 49
rd strikes again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us