Which Is Better PLEASE HELP!!

Username: Lamchop_8

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 2
Which is better, louder ETC.

RD Audio Heavyweight (18 INCH)

http://www.rdaudio.net/heavyweight/heavyweight.htm

FI.BTL Fully Loaded (18 INCH)

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1549ff665d47832/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/product_overview.sho pscript

BTW I dont know if this helps but my setup is going to be DAILY not strictly Spl

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 551
RD Heavyweight HANDS DOWN. the btl don't even come close.

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 3
How much db louder do you think the HW is than the BTL?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3154
Both are outstanding subs. If you have the power to push either then do it. But just for 1 of either you should have 5000+ and the electrical system to back it up... although you could run 3000+ rms and get away with it, it would be a waste of either sub, imo.

Just for the record, I vote HW, i know i know, BIG SURPRISE!

Steve(Owner or rd) called me out of the blue to tell be aboute some testing he had done today... 154.x with 2-15's (hw)... on music and w/o 3rd alt. Not bad for a non SPL setup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3155
Q--- I woiuldn't say RD is hands down better than the BTL with the correct options... although idk if the BTL can take 20000 wrms for burps and last, but they might be able to.. These are things I am hoping to find out in cac. with their 15" sub challenge.

Silver Member

Post Number: 552
its all about the setup "car, box size, box tuning"/install........
hunterw pulled 149+ with his 18" HW
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/hunterw86/?action=view&current=100_1686.f lv

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 590
If you have the power, the HW for sure. If you want a sub you can tune low and take 3000+ daily with no issues and get LOUD, HW for sure. BTL really isn't in the same class as the HW to be fair. I would compare it to upgraded Alpha or the Alpha MAX. IMO, the HW is the baddest street sub on the market

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 4
Heres my setup (Without the subs) what do you think?

Vehicle:1 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Gt (2-Door with Sunroof)

SUBS: .... Deciding

AMPS:2 Sundown SAZ-3500D (Putting out a lil over 3700wrms)

1:[WALLED] Ported 12.6 Cuft. (After Displacemant & Port) Tuned to 34hz. 3/4 MDF braced

Port will be in the middle for good airflow and hair tricks.

8:Screws for terminals (Better solid connection no leaks)

1:Dynamat xtreme license plate kit

One or two 200 or 300amp alternators

3:Kinetik HC 2400 Batts.

1:Kinetik HC 800 (Under the hood)

Big III will be done

Amp Kits:2 Kicker PKD1

Speakers and components will be by Sundown

Amp powering speakers1:Hifonics ZXi 8408 (4-Channel)

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2563
I love me some Heavyweights :-)

Mark, that score is SICK on those 2 15's ain't it. They sound so good while doing it too.

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 553
Mark i was meaning like the HW aint in the same class with the btl.

i all ways thought the Alpha was about the same class as the btl. hearin my 15" alpha> to my friends 18" BTL.

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 5
So what about my setup???

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh0ZbjbwxT4

Gold Member

Post Number: 3156
i have no problem saying that the HW is my fav sub and i WILL own before too long.

I know of a 2 peeps (they both had same bodystyle GMC P/U and were diong same setup to see who had better designs-- they had 5000 bet on it. ) running 10 k on 2 btls (spl only) and they have never givin them any problems. one of them died(car accident) before the contest date but they had them going and were fine tuning. After he died his brother got out of car audio and last I heard he hasn't got back into it. He still has his brothers setup, but sold his to help pay for funeral. sad story.

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 6
Hey does RD sell refurb amps or do you know where I can get 2 refurb D9 amps for cheap that work without any problems with warranty?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14923
a 2.30mins vid yet we cant see what the equipment is

hmmm so according to u all the HW is actually louder than a loaded BTL ?

id like to see a 1 on 1 test ....

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2564
Rovin, you can speak to RE_XXX on ca.com about this. He has hands on experience with most subs on the market.

RD does sell refurb amps. Feel free to email me for more info on this.

Kevin
se_rdaudio@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4070
"If you have the power, the HW for sure. If you want a sub you can tune low and take 3000+ daily with no issues and get LOUD, HW for sure. BTL really isn't in the same class as the HW to be fair. I would compare it to upgraded Alpha or the Alpha MAX. IMO, the HW is the baddest street sub on the market"

i couldn't disagree with you more. in fact i almost want to call you a rd-dlckriding fanboy noob. wait you are....

baddest street sub on the market hahhahahaha

Gold Member

Post Number: 3162
As there is not really a way to determine the "baddest street sub on the market", There is very few companies who have put their subs out there promising certian results and when used as advised, getting what was promised or advertised. I know jk wasn't reffering to me but I know that I would be concidered a (RD- d*ckrider) which may or may not be accurate so to speak,lol But I know that are many great subs on the market. I will venture to say the only a few and very few (in the same class) will keep up with the HW in output and sound. I wish someone would post accurate info of usaci Worlds results and which of the .... ohh say.... top 10 loudest vehicles were running RD equipment. I have heard numbers, but I would like someone else who knows to post em to make sure I am not mistaken.. I do know the are putting up some crazy numbers. But to say the any 1 sub IS the BADDEST OF ALL is taking it a step too far. Let the results of comps in a head to head db race or maybe even the CAC 15" sub challenge results do the talking.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 591
That is why I said IMO. I stick with what I know. I know that the HW is a stronger sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 3164
I think so too, but baddest of all?? i do see where jk is coming from. as I already explained. Now imo the baddest. imo pretty fu<kin' close. lol And the BTL is not really that close or included in my comparisons.

The spl btl's are nothing to throw rocks at and should be concidered a top of the line sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3165
And Chris. looking at your setup.. as far as wall volume, how many subs are you looking to run with that volume? If you go with the HW, you need to get the volume as well as other spec that will better serve you with that equipment. I would also look into more power amp-wise for 1 hw, and even more-so if more than one sub. But Steve could ellaborate better for obvious reasons.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 718
KT I'm sorry but you basically only post when you're riding RD's dick.

"I think so too, but baddest of all?? i do see where jk is coming from. as I already explained. Now imo the baddest. imo pretty fu<kin' close. lol And the BTL is not really that close or included in my comparisons.

The spl btl's are nothing to throw rocks at and should be concidered a top of the line sub."

This basically sums it up for me. They're both good for daily, can't really go wrong.

Bronze Member
Username: Re_xxx

Green River, Wyoming U.S.A

Post Number: 16
You guys are comparing drivers that are not on the same level.

The BTL can hold its own, but come on...

To compare it against a sub that can take 5k+ daily (im doing it right now in a daily setup) Highly efficient, mine are around 95 db@ 1 watt.... and a good amount of motor strength.

The BTL just cant keep up. Besides having experience with both of them, this is just the physics talking :-)

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 7
I'm just going to be running two subs. Two 18's

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 9
I'm just going to be running two subs. Two 18's to be exact.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 720
I wanna hear this when you get it.

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 10
Cool you can hear it! I'll love to hit 155+db with this setup, hopefully it would get that loud :L Oh yeah I might just might get two D9's and if I do can I give the HW's 5750 rms a piece all day everyday or will it they blow?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3172
you will need a lot more power to fully power 2 hw's

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 11
So if I get one or two 200 or 300 amp alternators and three Kinetik Hc2400 batts how much more power will I need like two more batts or what?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14931
what is the difference between a RD HW & a atomic apxx ? ......

Gold Member

Post Number: 3173
i was late with that post. 2 5750's for 14v system and 1-2 ohm load strapped and if you have a huge batt bank and a couple of alts..

th hw 9's for lower ohm load and higher voltage setups.. someone correct me if i'm off.

there are other factors to determine which would be better for your needs. this is a quick post to give an idea of what i understand to be true.
They will handle either setup if set correctly and encloser an current are correct.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4071
i think you should have 3 kinetiks for each 5750. atleast if you like going close to full tilt for more than one song at a time.

Bronze Member
Username: Re_xxx

Green River, Wyoming U.S.A

Post Number: 21
The HW V.1 and Atomic APX were pretty much the same thing, a few minor differences.

BUT

The HW V.2 and Atomic APX are completely different!!

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 12
Would you recommend giving those subs close to 6k a piece all day everyday?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14933
cool

if u cud explain in more details in my thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/567221.html

it will be beneficial to those who might miss this thread .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3174
I would call Steve or Kevin and ask then what you would need for alts, batts, amps, ect...

rovin- about 3 db's lol.. j/p Steve told me before when I asked him same thing, i dont remember everything, but maybe he will. but You don't see the Atomic in the winners circle as much as RD, so there is a hint right there. I would think, but not certain that atomic outsales rd. but I could be way off. lol Even reguardless oof who outsales who, I would think that atomic had sold more products overall due to being an older company. i really dk for sure

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 13
Do you know anyone who has gave their hw close to 6k rms daily??

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 14
How much of a db increase will I get giving the subs 5750 rms than 3600 rms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4073
i wouldnt feel safe running any sub ever produced on 6k daily. ever. its just a matter of time. a clipped signal at 6k is a whole new ballgame. g/l with that. my guess is.... 3 weeks

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 15
So just stay @ 3600 Rms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3180
3700 wrms each? I would want more for 2 hw's.
But i'll probably be running 2-5750's on 3 hw's. only because that all my electrical system could handle after next upgrades. and the wall for 3-18's will already be there.

-2-5750's strapped is only 9k.
1=5750 @1 ohm (14.4v) is 5k

if you dont go under the 1 ohm mark for each amp, you should have no problems with 2-HW's

right now steve is running more than that on 2-HW 15's.- in a daily setup

plus by keeping the impendance above the 1 ohm mark, you are in less danger of failure due to voltage drop. (although I would still try to keep voltage as high as possible).

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 16
So how much rms would you give the hw's??

Gold Member

Post Number: 3181
5k each daily, in the correct enclosure and they can handle 20000 watts for short burps., but who has that kind of power laying around lol

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 17
For my wall should I put my port it the middle or top for best performance, loudness, quality, hair tricks etc.??

Gold Member

Post Number: 3182
you need to get with someone who has done the testing with a similar setup as you are wanting to build...

Now I am trying to figure out how much you really understand about this setup. You started out by giving exact enclosure volumes and amps, enclosure tuning and you even stated that your port was going in the center for "good flow and hair tricks".. All this before deciding what subs you were going to run. Now you are asking about port placement.
These are all good questions, but why ask after already stating your setup? I would seriously re-evaluate your situation. I have a wall build coming shortly and I know very little about doing them, other than what I read and ask, but I will be getting A LOT of help from very experienced people from the design to the build, ect..

What is your goal with this setup? competitions?

I hope you know that 3/4" mdf is nowhere near enough thickness for the setup you are wanting.

Who is going to help you with the wall design?
Who is going to actually do the build?
With all the extra weight, can your car's suspension handle it?

I'm not saying the wall can't be musical, but the are usually done for SPL competitions to decrease airspace to achieve better scores on the TL.
This is a lot to do for hair-tricks and "Wow" factor. But it would definitely achieve that. lol

What does your car already have as for as car audio?

do you know that even w/o a wall you can still have a very loud daily setup and save a lot of problems can can and will arise from this build?
Do you know the resonant frequency of you car?
Do you under stand why that would be a factor for desired tuning?
What is your budget for everything?

How soon are you looking to have this build done?

Also for a daily setup like you are stating and by tuning in the 34 hz range And with the power and subs your are talking about, when you hit the lower bass You do understand that your car is gonna flex like nothing you have ever seen lol. I know it looks cool, but that is gonna be real hard of that car. And you car WILL slowly start to fall apart. and your TL scores are likely(not absolutely-but likely) to suffer from the lower tuning. But seeing that you are not worried about just spl that may not be a factor, But it seems to me that if spl is not the factor you could do a much more practicle high powered daily setup. I am not trying to talk you out of it, I'm just pointing out a few things to help you decide if this is what might be your best options to match your goals. I am NOT trying to bust your chops, but it seems like you may be biting off more than you can chew atm.
Lord knows I feel like I am and I am trying to beat a deadline for A certain competition.

if you don't mind, please answer as many of these questions as possible, and myself and others may be able to help in a lil more detail. Thanks for taking the time to read all this and good luck.

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 18
Now you said 3/4 MDF is'nt thick enough. So what wood will I need?

I dont know who's going to help me with the wall or build it?

Hopefully my cars suspension can handle it. I dont really know.

Dont have any car audio upgrades in there for now?

I dont know where my car resonates at.

Yeah the reason why I tuned it to 34hz. is so I can hit hi notes good and little notes good.

I dont want to spend over 12k

Now I know you said my setup isnt SPL which it isnt but if I decide to enter any SPL contest can I get removable ports tuned to 25-60hz. ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3187
you will need at least 3-4 layers of 3/4" for front baffle and 2-3 layers of 3/4" mdf for the rest and that is bare minimum, along with plenty of threaded rod and bracing..

You have a lot to think about and get together, I wish ya luck. and will help as best as I can.

Bronze Member

St.Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 19
Thanks but can I get removable ports?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3189
there are different ways to tackle the interchangable port design.. you need to get that handle with whoever designs the wall.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us