Is this a good idea?

Username: Koennnnn

Post Number: 1
Im goin to be upgrading from my 2 kicker comps to 4 Pioneer TS-W308D4 it will be off about 1600-2000 watts rms if possible. You think thats goin to be loud hittin in the 1447-148 range? or should i power a lil more over there 400 watts each?
Also one more question... I dont have a ugraded alt and i kno im going to have to so wat size should i get it confusing as piss and im kinda stumped.

Bronze Member
Username: Texaslegend903

Post Number: 33
What size subs are they? i personaly think 147-148 is going to be hard to hit with those subs. But prove me wrong!

Post Number: 2
It's going to be 4 12s. Ive seen a guy it 146-148 with 4 of the second to lowest model of 2 sony explod amps haha check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9HDeC8JWL0

Does anyone kno how large a alt i would have to get to run 2000 rms

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6487
more subs = more cancellation unless your doing a wall

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2938
in a trunk? no chance
in a hatch .. maybe if u know what ur doing and have the proper equipment to run everything properly .. ie good box, good electrical, and knowledge

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3201
42's if your lucky for the 2-12's

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14942
if a pure spl box id say its possible with some trial\error

2yrs ago i had a econo set consisting of 4 10" 257 pioneers each in its own chamber with 1 4" aeroport for each sub tuned to 38hz & played off a soundstream picasso 2000d & it did 144.4DBs on the termlab meter ...

Post Number: 3
no way in the trunk. I'll take my back seats out so im going to have enough space. Also more subs= more cancelation? See i always thought more subs more cone surface which in term= more loudness

Bronze Member
Username: Texaslegend903

Post Number: 34
Not exactly true... that depends on a number of things. Mainly the box and location of the box. Also airspace. If they all for 2cf each and you put 4 in a 5cf box then you would be better off putting just 2. But good luck either way!!! Post when you decide what your going to do!

Post Number: 4
Yeah true but ill make sure the box is built to specs.i think i;m gonna go for it. First im goin to have to upgrade my alt and big 3 i guess
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us