Did better than I thought!

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 125
Got first place in a local show with my 2 RD Sonance and 1750.1D

Got 150.2 my final run! Got some pics I'll post later.

Also installed some Second Skin Damplifier Pro all through out my Explorer sounds nice took pics of install add some pics of that as well.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10360
TL?

If thats accurate it's quite a good score

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 126
What's TL?

¤Jack_k飣iñgoñ¤ was there he saw me do that run.

And I wasn't sure what to expect but I was impressed myself I didn't think I was gonna get those kinda numbers. First time to ever meter them or anything at that but yeah I couldn't be happier with my Sonance's

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10363
termlab spl meter.... the only meter universally accepted to give accurate readings

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 127
Oh that I am not sure about ¤Jack_k飣iñgoñ¤ would be the one to ask, I'm curious now.

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 129
Just checked the picture and yeah it was a termlab meter.

Upload

That was my first run. But as you can see it was a termlab.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2561
CONGRATS!!!!

Very nice score. Imagine if the box was tuned higher than 32hz. I love the Sonance man, my favorite woofer. Very efficient and sound awesome.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6465
We use a termlab.. this was metered outlaw style.. box peaked a lot higher than you would think being tuned to low.

Nice you see some ecoustics peeps :-) .. congrats :-)

Next time I need not to get my car judged in front of a live band haha

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10364
What size subs do you have?

But thats a nice score regardless

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6466
15"

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20373
NICE!!!

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 130
Thanks everyone! First time at a competition and leaving with a 150.2 so of course I'm happy hah =)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14919
good score : congrats ! ...

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2062
very nice sir

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2934
good stuff man

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11375
Nice job bud.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1790
good job bro.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 550
great job

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 132
Thanks!

And here are the photos of my second skin install FU<KING A man this sh!t got real annoying fast hah took me and a buddy 11 hours to get all that done still gotta do roof and doors and misc. stuff

Ok I'm having trouble uploading but here are the pics...

http://www.j-designs.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117&p=3560#p3560

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 558
Very nice man!Upload

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1636
great job!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1812
congrats. Did you get a legal score?

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 136
Thanks and what would make it not legal? So yes as far as I know yeah it was very legal.

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 178
Thats a nice score, good job!

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10371
" We use a termlab.. this was metered outlaw style "

Which usually means doors/windows open, meter not on the windshield, etc. Gives it a higher number.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3160
Regardless, that is a great score. Almost what I did with 2 18" alphas on 5+K (granted car wasn't running- but I am impressed <ahem->and cant wait to spread the news to some local peeps who were looking at the Sonances). Great job. Now I know that im going to have to do a more spl setup when i add the 3rd alpha. can't be shown up like this lol j/k

Gold Member

Post Number: 3163
This thread also shows the versatility of the Sonance. I am thoroughly impressed with everything that I have heard about a great priced lower end model sub. I mean, c'mon. 150+ on less than 2k in an suv in a 32 hz box. is far beyond what I would expect. And I expect a lot out of rd equipment... this blows my mind. Now I wanna open up my setup and see what my chit can really do in a more SPL and less musical setup.. I'm sure I would be surprised. MAD FU<KIN' PROPS! and after looking at your sound deadner install, again I see that you are doing what you need to to get the most out of great equipment.

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 137
Thanks everyone and Mark! Trust me I was blow away by my score, I had called Kevin to tell him shortly after and he was blow away by it too haha.

And when I do something I make sure I do it right I'm only about 3 months into my car audio run here but I like it a lot and have learned a SH!T ton. And I love those Sonance's not only can they get a great SPL score but after all that I can turn the bass down a little and have outstanding SQ subs.

I see people messing with you Mark about being an RD "d!ck rider" but I don't blame you I've been thoroughly impressed with the guys at RD and the help I've gotten and obviously the equipment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3178
most of em that do hate on RD are cool guys/ chat buds. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The are just as many RD peeps as haters on here and I'm sure that peeps get tired of hearing about RD. I get that point. I know that RD is not the only great product and i will not hesitate to recommend other companies as well, but I will not leave RD products when I feel they belong in the mix as well. It is getting hard to find an install that RD cant satisfy due to the bigger and growing selection of RD's product line. The reviews are never bad and only get better as time goes on. Why argue with that. lol

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 138
All very true and don't get me wrong I'm not saying they are the only way to go I'm simply just stating my opinion. I know there are other great companys out there I found that out this weekend. lol! But again in my short time in car audio RD has done me right so that's the only point I'm making.

And again I couldn't believe that I put up those kinda numbers, not because I think they are bad subs obviously but because I've seen other people with more power and bigger subs put up numbers close to that so I didn't think I was gonna be any where near that! But I was and it was awesome hah
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us