Oh Yeah!! ONE MORE THING! You people are good teachers!

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN. La F..., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 608
I want to know how to adjust my amplifier? I have a new Head Unit going in and I would like to know what I'm doing so that everytime I tweek something on my amp, I don't have to go back to the Audio shop thats an hour one way from my house! So, I have a Lanzar Opti-2000d it has a gain a switch that says 0-180phase, it has a low pass filter 50-150 24db/octave it has a subsonic filter15-40hz w/24db octave! NOW IF YOU HAVN'T FIGURED IT OUT YET, I'M LOST! LOL! I know I won't figure this out overnight but where is a good starting place and if its not adjusted right, will it hurt the amp or sub? THANKS GUYS!! I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO TRIES TO INFORM US THAT ARE LACKING IN THE AUDIO DEPT. I KNOW I WOULD DEFINATELY RIDE THE SHORT BUS WHEN IT COMES TO THE CAR AUDIO SYSTEM!! BUT WITH ALL OF YOU ON MY SIDE, ITS NOT HELPLESS! THATS THE GOOD NEWS!

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 531
phase "0", low pass filter LPF "some ppl say from 60-80 what ever u feel like", subsonic filter "Set at box tuning or hair below. not needed if its a Sealed box", bass bost " NEVER USE", gain " set the HU flat eveything 0. start turning up the val on the HU still it STARTS to sound like sh!t no more then start with the gain and turn up slowly till bass is coming in and sounding nice and clean then stop and turn the HU val down".......... and there you go sould be good

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1620
turn everything up all the way and it will be louder............ im kidding don't do that

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2648
you wish that would work for you BLK ay?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1623
yes. yes i do. but the fact that i don't have any subs amps in my car i don't think it would help

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2568
What sub(s), box and vehicle?

I set my gains with a multimeter and a flat tone @ 50hz, then adjust it by ear as I listen to it on various music. I keep the ssf (subsonic filter) off while doing this.

Lpf (low pass filter) around 80hz like Quentin stated, adjust it until it blends well with your frontstage.

Keep phase at 0, doesn't really matter for now. Whatever sounds better to you...if you can tell a difference lol.

I'd try the subsonic 1/3 octave lower than your box tuning. If your sub has a large xmax/xmech (depending on box size too) try 1/2 octave below. Again play various music and set it to keep from destroying your woofer. Google octave if you don't know what it means.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us