Good subs for a hatchback

Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 1
I have 2002 VW GTI and am looking to slowly build a system for it. I already have a head unit and its a sony..... dont start thats not the point of this thread. Im looking to get two decently priced subs that are 4ohm SVC or DVC... DVC would be best. Im not looking for high SPL just good SQ and can get pretty loud. Ive been checking tons of companies out and cant make decisions. Im not looking for an amp or anything yet because if the th speakers have the listed impedences I can wire them to my stock monson amp temporarily. I recently checked out a set of 12" oz vectors and liked the sound a lot very clean accurate tight bass but I havent heard a review of them. These where in a store that wasnt even in a seperate sub room so the acoustic and cabin pressure of my car would change things a little. The plan is to have them in two seperate boxes custom built to the necessary specs. So basically im just looking for recommendations. 10s or 12s.

Along with this Id liketo know what would be for a suburban 3 or 12s or 2 15s. Looking for sound quality and good thump

VA

Post Number: 2
thats last line should say 3 or 4 12s or 2 15s

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
for the car get 2 compvr 10s with slot ported boxes and a amp(2channel) that can push 500watts per channel and that will run u $800 and thats all u need i have the same setup and it = 140dB in my explorer in a gti it could be more... no way to prdict how much though, and by the way they dont destort at all

VA

Post Number: 4
now i have heard the kicker's arent very good speakers.
Couldnt i just run the on a mono class d amp?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3411
SVC or DVC won' matter to the sound. This only affects the load on the amp(s) you choose, so match the coil config of your subs to the amps you choose.
the box will make the biggest difference here regarding your thread topic.
Kicker's CompVR subs are excellent. It's the Solobaric square subs people debate over.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3412
PS if ya want even better subs, look at Adire's shiva or brahma line in 12" or 15"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us