What should I get with a budget of $2500

Username: Bch5h7

Post Number: 1
I am looking to put a new stereo system in my 95 bmw m3. My budget is around $2500 for head unit, new front and rear speakers, amp for front and rear speakers, two 12 inch subs, and a 'custom box'. I am going to try and use an amp I already have to power the two subs and by custom box I mean a box that is the proper size for the subs, nothing crazy. I don't really know the specs on the amp I already have but I was using it to power 2 12 inch audiobahn AW1200x subs. I have been to the local shops and gotten quotes from $2000 to $2400 for the typical stuff. However, one shop had a brand called Bravox. I liked the sound of the Bravox speakers better then most of the other stuff. Is bravox a good brand for this price range? Also, any other recommendations for setups around $2500 would be nice. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1111
You can do a lot better than Bravox. Theyre not exactly the best brand. Youve got a good budget for a sweet system. Hit up exige (Exige Audio) to get the best pricing, but I would go with CDT ES components in combination with a pair of 12" Audiopulse subs. I use a CDT ES 3-way setup in my Cougar and it sounds absolutely awesome. For my SQ competition system, I'm going with an Audiopulse sub. Got high hopes for MECA this year! I was talkin to exige yesterday and he mentioned some new sets also...like PSS or something...that are step up on the ES components. You might want to ask him about those. ES is already really nice. If the new sets are a step up.....wow. And his prices are way better than retail. Don't worry when you see retail prices online.

You can find osme really nice amps these days too. I run American Bass amps in my Cougar and they're solid as brick. Sundown amps are also real nice. They use the same board. CDT has a new 4-channel out that's supposed to be really nice. You could go with an audioque for your sub amp. Considering you used Audiobahn subs before, youll probably need to upgrade your sub amp. Frankly the audiobahn subs are crap. Once you hear some truly nice stuff you'll be blown away.

For a head unit try alpine or eclipse. The alpine 9887 is a really nice head unit.

In general the stuff you can get online and through the forums is gonna be wayyyy better than the stuff you can get in any shop. You can find all the really nice equipment here ;)

Good luck!

Post Number: 2
Thanks
I have looked into some of the brands that get talked about on the forums but I do not know anything about them and none of the shops here carry any of them. I would like to be able to hear what they sound like before I buy but maybe I will just have to take peoples' word. Any additional help on set ups using the brands that seem to get talked about a lot is always welcome. Thanks

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1112
What state do you live in?

Post Number: 3
Missouri

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1121
oh dern, hmm im trying to think of a way to demo CDT for you, let me talk exige for you to see what we can do

Post Number: 4
Ya I would like to hear them but the CDT speakers seem to get great reviews on many forums. Another speaker that get talked about a lot with the e36 bmw is the DLS UP35. Do you know any thing about thoes? In the end I may just go on the word of others.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 761
Hey Brad, I understand the concern with buying a speaker unheard. I'd be happy to offer you a 30-day return guarantee if you decide to give CDT a try. I doubt you'll have any use for the guarantee once you've heard them ;) but nevertheless it's nice to know you always can if you need to.

Email me at mike@exigeaudio.com and I'd be happy to work out some system plans for you or a total package deal to save you some money. I'm happy to advise on installation technique, speaker placement, etc. You can also find me on AIM at ExigeAudio. I'd send you a PM on here but half the time nobody ever knows where to check them.

Mike
Exige Audio

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 19
i bought CDT classics from Mike (exige audio) only about a couple weeks ago. I just got them installed yesterday and I am blown away by the sound quality and performance of these speakers. i haven't owned a lot of component sets but i have heard quite a few and i am VERY pleased with the sound i get from these.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1125
thats great chris glad to hear,

me on the other hand has owned and heard numberous of comp sets, including 4 world title cars for sound quality, so i have heard the best of the best, you will not be disappointed with CDT

i actually have not heard the that particular DLS set sorry but let me know how it goes brad and also any questions about install etc im also more than willing to help

Username: Steve_tallica

Post Number: 6
you might want to look into the brand DB Drive, their platinum series is sick as hell, amazing sound, dont know if exige has em, but they are worth it

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10185
^^^ stfu noob.

Exige is a great seller and CDT is good stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us