New to this.....

Username: Zparlet

Post Number: 1
Ok so i just got my own car that i am paying for lol. I am 17 and been driving for about a year now. I just got a 99 Pontiac grand dam se. It is the 4 door sedan version. I am looking to get some subs going in my car but i am on a pretty strict budget. I am not looking to spend more than $250 for the subs and an amp. I think i might be stuck on one Kicker Comp vr 12". Or a refurbished kicker L5 12". And my cousin told me to get a rocker fosgate p5002 amp. Is that a good setup? My HU is a pioneer deh-p2600 that i got for free from a friend. I will get a new headunit later.... So what do you guys think? Also i can't find a HU adapter thingy (not sure what it is called, you no the black thing that makes a deck fit into a bigger slot?) for my 99 grand am. Any help would be appreciated. thanks alot.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 223
Thats a pretty tight budget man. Might have to go used on some equipment. Someone else on this forum will be better able to recommend equipment for you. As far as the HU adapter they are commonly refered to as dash kits. Yours can be found here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_112200/Vehicle-specific-Mounting-Kits.html?tp=3121

Although most Circuit city/Best Buy stores have these in stock so you are not limited to just buying online.

Hope this helps, good luck with it.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19333
I think you need more money.

Post Number: 2
thanks yeah money is really tight for me because i just paid for my car. I just got a text from my brother saying one of his friends is selling a 300w JBL amp and will give it to me for $50. Would that work with a 12" kicker comp vr? And thanks for the dash kit help.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 224
^^^For some reason it isnt letting me link directly to the dash kit page but just fill out the info and then scroll down to where it says installation accessories. It will be in there.

Post Number: 3
Yeah i found it. Thanks alot man!!! Would they have that specific one at like best buy or circuit city?

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1882
i have mtx ta4501 625watts birthsheet for 100.00 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1952
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-2008-ZX400-1-400-WATT-MONO-AMP-AMPLIFIER-NICE_W0QQite mZ260331921656QQihZ016QQcategoryZ18795QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
amp^

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D250309250000&ih=015&categ ory=18805&_trksid=p4340.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%252BC%252BS%252BIA%26i tu%3DUCI%252BUS-BWR%26otn%3D3%26ps%3D57

i would recommend saving up a lil more to get this amp

AQ1200D
www.audioque.com

run it at 2 ohmk with the above sub. and if you want more later buy identical sub and use same amp at 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9203
The $50 JBL sounds like a good deal and yea it would work with a CVR if you get right coils on the sub

Don't forget about box and wiring.

Post Number: 4
so what coils should the sub have?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9209
depends on if the amp is 1 ohm stable or 2 ohm

if 1 ohm, dual 2 ohm

if 2 ohm, dual 4

Post Number: 5
idk it is a JBL bp300. What kind would that be?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4918
It is stable at 2ohms.

Post Number: 6
so i should get a dual 4 voice coil sub?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4919
Yes. Wire it like this:

Upload

Post Number: 7
ok thanks for all the help everybody... Also how can you tell what ohm your sub is? My friend just got a used one for free and doesn't know what ohm it is. Can u tell by the look?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9210
Look for a label on it, or else you'd have to use a DMM to check it.

Post Number: 8
ok thanks, this community has so many responses it is amazing! This is the best car audio forum i have ever been on, mad props to all you who have helped me..... Thanks alot i am sure i will need something else to answer in the future.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9212
ecoustics pwns all, yo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us