Adire, re, and id

basshead
Unregistered guest
how would the brahmas, XXXs, and the ids compare on spl, sq, and overall bang for buck? 12s and 15s. im thinking about going with brahma but ive heard some about XXXs being pretty good too. i like sq for sure, but i like loud and i mean loud bass and which hits harder without distorting?

currently i have 2 12 inch memphis subs sealed, 250 watt rms

basshead
Unregistered guest
also i cant go around and hear the subs since none of them is carried in any local stores.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 77
well, my brahma 10 has more SPL than my old L512 and way better SQ. And that is on the same amp as the L512, (a JBL BP600.1)

also it has better SQ than the JL w6v2's i have heard...

all the subs your looking at are great, you will get great sound from any of them.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 78
As for listening to one of these subs, go listen to a JL W7.

That is a comparable sub, and lots of shops carry them...the only thing about the JL w7 is that you will pay about $200 more for it than you would for Brahma's...

some shops may try to sell you a JL w7 and say that there is no sub that even compares to it, and that is a lie!!! Just ask then about Adire, RE, and ID...the people at the shop have prolly never heard of them!...lol...

but RE, Adire, and ID are some of the best companies out there.....

oh, and by the way, where are you from?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 309
RE will hit harder than the Brahma, the Brahma has a 28 mm x-max while the RE has 32. Sound Quality will be pretty much the same since they both use XBL^2 drivers. They also take the same RMS power, 1600W RMS.

basshead
Unregistered guest
i have heard the jl but it seemed to much to be investing in one sub and the amp is too much also. i think that if a sub cost the most it should be the best. not that its not but there are other subs that are louder and will play the same and sound the same.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
dude the brahma is only ment to take 1000rms. any more it voids the warrenty. it can handle up to 1600rms but has a very great chance of blowing.

I respect your what you know as far as car audio Jonathan but i study up on that sub for about 2months befor i bought it and i know what i'm talking about. I talked to the people from adire even. But i did do what you said and i am know using my alpine mrv 340 v12 for my up front comp and i bought a jl 500/1.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 326
I know, I'm just saying the thermal rating is comparably the same since both those subs use the exact same drivers. Both are fantastic subs, it's basically a toss up. Yes, the warranty is void past 1000W RMS, forgot to mention that basshead, thanks for pointing that out, Robert. It's like Dan Wiggins (founder of Adire Audio) said once, can't remember the forum, an SPL competitor is putting 10,000W RMS to one Brahma in a competition and it has lasted, and others run it with 100-200 RMS everyday with great results. It's all in the user of the sub and what they want out of it. The good thing about the drivers of those subs is they're so versatile and so efficient, they'll run well on lots of variances in applications. Really, any of the subs he mentioned would run in their optimum range with 1000W RMS. Image Dynamics makes a killer sub, too, but I don't think it'll put out the SPL that the Brahma or X.X.X. will.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us