Are Rockford fosgate's any good?

Unregistered guest
Ive checked out alot of fosgate subs and they look and sound pretty good, i was just wondering about what you guys think about them. anyone have any advice or opinions about them?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 347
Not horrible, but they've really lost their edge since the early 90's, isn't nearly as good as it used to be. They used to be cutting edge and more focused on quality and winning competitions, etc., but now they've settled for retail shelves at Best Buy. What's your price range, there's a lot better out there than the new Fosgates.

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
well, i'd say about 600$ I'm looking to get a kick a$$ system but i cant say im up on the new stuff, what do you prefer?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 118
Go get yourself an Adire Brahma and a JBL 600 watt amp. That would kick a*s!

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 348
If that's 600 for the sub and amp, I'd go with two Adire Audio Shivas, $250 for both of them shipped, and then get a JBl 600.1 (200 or less online) and you'll still have 150 bucks to spend on an enclosure. Awesome subs, best bang for the buck in my book. If you really want to push those subs (it'll void the warranty, though) you could get a JBL 1200.1 for 300 or less online. They list a 650W RMS rating, but that's thermal and they don't even need half that to reach their x-max. Keep in mind the subs aren't "pretty" subs, they're flat black, about as plain looking as you're going to get, but the performance per dollar is nearly unmatched.

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
know any good places where i can see these shiva's? know any websites that sell them? will pushing them subs with the 1200.1 come anywhere close to blowing them?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 349
Or like Wahl said, a one Brahma would be really good, too. They really do kick a$$.

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
do you think the brahma will be as good as the two shivas?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 350
It could possibly blow them if you're REALLY aggressive. I doubt you'll push them that hard, but the 600.1 will still be plenty, trust me. It only needs 300W RMS to reach full excursion, the 600 watts a 1200.1 will give each sub will just be more heat and a little more SPL.
http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_shiva /
You can get the subs there for $125 each, and you can read the tech info, it's all on that page. Brahmas are also on that page if you want to read up on them. They list a 1600W RMS thermal rating, but one of them only needs 600W RMS to reach peak excursion (The sub reaches mechanical X-max before the voice coil's thermal rating is exceeded, which is a good thing). Both are fantastic subs, Two shivas are cheaper than one brahma, it's all in how much you want to spend. Brahma have a little better Sound Quality, SPL will be close between two Shivas and one Brahma.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us