2 12in sub box

Bronze Member
Username: Konruff2010

Pinedale, Wyoming United States

Post Number: 11
i need to know a design for two 12in subs tht isn't going to have to lay down or fall while drivin..there sony xplods round not square anyone help????

Silver Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 127
I have a pair of round 12" Kickers in single box. It is roughly 14" by 14" by 38" with a 3x13 port. It weighs with subs and amp attached somewhere around 100lbs im guesing. And has never rolled around and NEVER slid on me and i dont drive very slowly.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2593
I think everyone will suggest you get new subs....

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 128
True, Sony is nothing great, but they put thier products out there cheap enough, to get someone interested in installing their own sound system. Nothing wrong with starting cheap in my book, its a good way to learn. But try a single box similar to what I suggested an I think you will be happy. (For Now)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ya i know sonys suck i know tht for a fact but see i'm not like some of these ppl on here and make big bucks i'm just a 16 year old kid tryin to get a decent stereo start to learn wht sounds good and all tht fun stuff but thanx for the help really appreciate it

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 784
wait a minute.... sony makes a square sub?

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 131
Frederick, I can completely understand what you are saying as I too am 16 and have just installed a stereo on a tight(ish) budget. Now if you already have a pair of Sony 12" round subs, there is nothing wrong with it. As for the box build something Like I mentioned earlier. With the correct amp installed and tuned correctly you will be fine for now. It would be nice to know some of the specs on your subs... specifically what is the RMS rating on them. Do you already have an amplifier? If so what is it whats it rated?
I would be glad to share what knowledge I have with you.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3668
round not square mark. frederick, i have a design for you that will make those subs sound good. if you have aim post your screen name and ill im you and help you. what kind of car is this going into btw...

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9950
1987 Toyota 4runner

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
okay thanx you all and yes i have an 87 toyota 4runner and my aim name is konruff201092 add me and send it and i'll see if it fits and i have this for an amp Upload if you cant tell its a legacy la-2499 sharp steel 2600 watt monoblock

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
and my sonys are max rated 1200 watt

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 132
That amp is cheap. "What is cheap is not quality, and what is quality is not cheap" Although it could power your subs. Your peak watts dont mean much you need to tell us your RMS rating, or the modle number of the subs and we can look for it ourselves

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
and then wht kind of amp would you reccomend since you yourself said "I too am 16 and have just installed a stereo on a tight(ish) budget" because i bet those are better

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 136
I dont know enough about your subs to reccomend an amp. Are they 2 or 4 ohms? dual voice coal? will they take 400 watts rms? But try that legacy, you can always resell it or something if it is not all that you want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
dude there 2 ohms and take 600rms the legacy pushes them harder than my old swiss audio

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
and yes they are dual voice coil

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 137
Ok, I didn't realize you already had the amp. Cool, sorry blond moment there or something.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 614
ill design u a box when i have time.
thursday is my last week of school and ill have nothing else to do

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 310
Im only 15, and not too brag but already have won a local spl comp, and owned some of the best subs ever made, as well as amps, and proud to say ive never owned a sony sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
ya but did you pay for you things or did your mommy and daddy pay for your car and subs and insurance and everything else and alright thanx benjamin lukas kennedy

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 86
^^^good point

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
i'm sick of all these ppl who have their mommy and daddy pay for everything and then go and brag tht its theirs and stuff

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 138
Lol me too! I pay for everthing... Gas, Insurance, I bought my Truck, the whole nine yards.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
ya if i dont buy it myself it isn't mine its whoever payed for it and there isn't one thing tht i havn't payed for on my truck or my home system

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
do u want the subs facing up and port back?

i am starting on it now. don't be shy. email me worrblade@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
so i found 3 kinds of xplods... do u have a link to the kind u have?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2032

quote:

i'm just a 16 year old kid tryin to get a decent stereo start to learn wht sounds good and all tht fun stuff but thanx for the help really appreciate it

When I was 16, I made $5.25 an hour slaving away at mcdonals ($100 or so a week.) I saved up for months just to get a nice budget setup. If you are on a tight budget, it is best to save up and get something with a little bit of quality first man. There are some quality budget subs and amps, but sony and legacy is def. not one of them.

quote:

i'm sick of all these ppl who have their mommy and daddy pay for everything and then go and brag tht its theirs and stuff

Some people are fortunate enough to have their parents buy them stuff. That doesn't make their equipment not theirs fyi. I know people that had their parents buy them a nice car, and a nice sub/amp combo, but they spent weeks doing all the work to it themselves.

Anyway, BLK should have your design up soon. Just do 2cuft net per sub @ 35hz or so. Should sound OK if you are really stuck on those subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 829
The Sony Xplods will make a thump like sound... Thats about it..

"xplods round not square anyone help"

Sony does not have a "square sub" as far as I know..

As for parents buying cars and equipment,ect.. nuthin' wrong with that!
Wish I was that lucky.. I hope to be able to do things like that in a couple of years when my mutts are old enough to drive..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i make 10 bucks an hour and roughfly make 300 bucks a week and if you lived where i did you would see y i cant get anything else its so expensive up here for anything and i know some ppl in california and those places have to pay so much for gas for you guys its 4.66 a gallon up here and i drive 60 miles round trip back and forth to work for 4 days a week...and lets get off the subject of this..its off the topic at hand and if anyone has an updated list of the good bad and ugly list for audio exipment i would be much abliged

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/472940.html

when you get a lil time... check out some of these car audio company's websites.. not the list u asked for but will have to do, sorry

Silver Member

Post Number: 838
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/445784.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/445779.html

a couple more

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
did you even look at the first link when you click on the one for clarion it comes up with this mexican poker site and do you have the whole list or just seperate parts???

Silver Member

Post Number: 842
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/top.html

what you see is what you get, sry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us