1000 dollars to spend

Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 1
I have a thousand dollars to spend on a pair of subs and an amp. With this budget what are some suggestions

Post Number: 2
I was thinking two w7 solo baric from here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D250259227154&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

If you can think of anything better Id love the help

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 398
w7 are jl first off for future references and if you are going for spl use the solobarics but im not a fan of kicker and relize your going to need an up graded carhging system with that amp

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4070
I hope you didn't just purchase the L7's and kicker zx1500.1 from IndoAudio! Better hope they have those items in stock. I would of atleast bought the items off hifisoundconnection, mainly since they're authorized kicker dealers.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9635
if you want something loud that will hold up better than the kicker l7 go with two audioque hdc 12's copper coils there $269 shipped each and will pound my brother owned a pair and buy a audioque 2200 for 389 plus shipping but your going to need to upgrade your alternator as was said above....

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 102
I'd go with audioque too from what I have heard they are good especially for what there amp and subs cost

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5247
this just for subs and an amp, or are you including a front stage and amp?

hope you have upgraded mids/highs if your just going for subs/amp :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9906
Stock electrical?
Any aftermarket speakers?
What about a HU?
Area available?
Size of sub prefered?
Spl, sql, sq?
Electrical upgrades allowed?

If you have the stock speakers still, I would dedicate half of the money to a solid frontstage and an amp then the other half for subs and an amp. Then again, throw in another $100 for wiring/accessories. If you go over about 1krms, then a new alt will run you a couple hundred.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9638
yeah you will also need an amp for highs and decent speakers as they said but I know most people focus only on the subs and amp....you could buy the equipment mentioned and wait to install until you save up for the highs and the amp to run them as well as the alternator....or you can down scale your system goals and work within your stock electrical limits

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21436
"Stock electrical?
Any aftermarket speakers?
What about a HU?
Area available?
Size of sub prefered?
Spl, sql, sq?
Electrical upgrades allowed?

If you have the stock speakers still, I would dedicate half of the money to a solid frontstage and an amp then the other half for subs and an amp. Then again, throw in another $100 for wiring/accessories. If you go over about 1krms, then a new alt will run you a couple hundred."

nice yanks. very impressive post. you know what it means when i am impressed. lol

Post Number: 3
I have no problem doing the big 3 and new alternator. What I want is a BIG BOOM, Reliability and quality. I am so sick of all the crap I've went through I want something that lasts. My Head unit is a Kenwood KDC-MP635. I have a 96 taurus wagon
so I have plenty of room. Id like to run 15's. I am not concerned about the front end at this time. Im trying to put all the pieces together right now

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1189
audioque 2200 for the amp
2 15" re sx's for the subs

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5250
if you run the SXs I'd go with more than the audioque 2200d unless you wire it down to .5ohm .. but you'd have to spend the money on electrical upgrades

youll care about your mids and highs very soon when you realize you can't hear any words/music ... only bass

then its only just making noise.. might as well just play tones from then on out :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 487
4 type- r's and an aq2200. Would be loud as hell.. just a thought...
Whatever you choose... Have a custom enclosure built to the subs specs.... That IS just as important as ANYTHING!!

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5252
^^ actually more important :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 35
save up for the 22" jackhammer. that'll have a "BIG BOOM"

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 558
Boy that would be a $10K fu(kup! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 36
yes it would hahaha

i'd go with the 4 type r's to make your ears bleed!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us