BL vs.... again

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 485
well... its about time for me to order my BLs.
before i do i just want to be sure there is nothing that will be louder off an AQ2200.
i was thinking a wall of kicker comps 12s like 6 or 8 of them (if u can even wire that all to one amp)(idk how if u can)

i still can't find a price on those DDs.
looking to spend like... 650... maybe 700 on subs

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9889
For one, are you sure you would want to do a wall? Are you talking about a true wall or just a giant box in the back that takes up all the space? If you put a true wall in your daily car, then more power to you I guess. With the wall, its going to take a whole lot of time and effort on you part. Not to mention the number its going to do on your car with the extra weight, kiss some gas mileage away. I'm not trying to persuade you to not do a wall, just wanted to let you know it takes a whole lot more than just saying "I was thinking a wall."

Pricing for DD, you will have to email/call your local DD dealer in you area.

What kind of car?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2172
a volkswagen Hatch back if i'm correct

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9890
Thanks Ray.

Ben, if this is just a daily system, he BL's would be loud enough for just about anyone. A wall in a daily driven car is over the top imo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
i emailed the closest place that i can get DDs from.. they ever emailed me back so looks like BLs will be on the way soon!

when i say i wall i mean a really big box with port and subs right behind he front seats and ill seal it off from the back of the car. its hard to explain but i will make pieces of mdf from the sides of the box that will fit the sides of the car so it will be a wall right behind the front seats.. it will be a wall with a box in it i guess. that is the only thing i have thought of doin and for the money i have it looks good to be.

i am getting 36/37 mpg right now.
i have a 2.0 in the car.. and the new alt will take 3 horsepower... and the subs and all that stuff is going to put a lot of weight in that little car.
but i mean come on! think of all those fat people that drive around all the time. hahaha
this is my car..

http://www.decodethis.com/vimages/1629.jpg

not mine... but mine is just like that other than tint and i bet i got a more miles on it! haha

i have been putting hushmat in it pretty much all night

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 1036
what size of Bl's u gettin? u should be really happy with that setup! i know i would be

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
18s

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7790
How in the hell are you fitting two 18"s in that car, the box would have to be like 12 cu.ft. at least....... losing the back seat?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 446
Wow that's gonna be crazy Luke

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1670
how many u gonna get.. i'd say a 15 axis will do wonders on that amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
ya i have had the back seats out for the last 18 i had. they wouldn't even fit with an 8 cuft box.
i measured everything and i can acually get 28 cuft in the car with out the back seats and prolly more if made the box shape to the back of the car.

i have started on the build log. ill have lots of pics and i am sure ill have lots of ?s about stuff as i keep working, but with my job, school, and girlfreind i am pretty slow.

hey exige! i am just now getting those M6 and alu tweeters in my car! they ended up being a bigger problem that i thought because after i took my door panels off i found out that my speakers were 4.5 not 6.5 so i i just got done making rings so they will fit. i have never done anything on door speakers before so i hope it sounds alright and i hope i am doin it right!.

do any of u guys have any good ideas on how to carpet this wall with out having lines in the carpet (like from the different parts) because the box will have to go in part by part.. don't want to use any kind of paint with a spray gun or spray paint in my car... i am sure there is something ill think of. it will prolly be a good month or 6 weeks before i am that far anyways

and! just the normal BLs will be alright? is it worth the money to get and of the upgrades? the last one i had was fully loaded i just got everything i could but with batteries and alt and all that junk price might end up being a problem

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
do what?
a 15 axis ???

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Fi , 2 12 Fi Bls U.s.a

Post Number: 326
with 2200 watts you could run them normal.. but its always better to just get them fully loaded just in case you upgrade to a bigger amp... you will be nothin but impressed with bls... they pack a good punch

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
ill prolly just get normal ones...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us