Woofer odor --- eep

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1111
as most know i got my 1 type r in a ported box. so today i make a quick errand run i get back i had on eminem's "go to sleep" insturmental version. i had it about 38 out of 62 on the volume knob and this is no different from any other time i have ran the system only difference is now i have a relitivly new type - r and haven't pushed it at all yet so i took it up to 38 which other songs are fine on and it was hitting nice and hard, about a min is i get a odor like horse manor, not potent just a light odor of it and i know that means my coils got hot. but i shut it off let it cool down and the woofer is fine no "scatching noise" so my question is am i gonna have issues now? everythings fien and thats the last time i'll run that song on my system but just wondering even if the coils got hot did i do some real damage? btw i do have a wrrenty still on it as a fail safe but i'm just wondering can u make a woofer smell and still have it wind up alright?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 820
that happened to me when i had audiobahns and they ran for year and a half after b4 one blew thats b4 i knew anything about car audio so it was prob my install i think should be fine.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1112
yea audio bahns, duals, are known to not last long but my last type - r the damn magnet crapped out and got loose so i rplaced it and today was a nice day so i let my trunk open in the drive way and let it slam away for a little bit and that smell hit me ai was like ahhhh fukkkk. so tha's why i'm curious if any real damage was done.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1470
How new is it? Could just be the new glue.

The bolts where the motor and basket meet are accessible from the outside correct? Did you try tightening them on the old one or just not mess with it? JW.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1123
the woofer is very new like under a month and no didn't mess with it. i never pushed the woofer hard i decided to lean on it a bit today and that happened but i wasn't screaming it and everything sounded clear, theres no scratching ether, i had a feeling its glue but never hrd of a type - r just breaking in ether.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us