Help with 4 15s

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 813
right now im looking at 4 cvr15s i wanna stay under about 500 and am running off a kx2500.1 in a sealed box. does this sound good or can you suggest better 15s for the price to run sealed off that amp? thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2618
Run 2 15s ported, ull save space and dont have to worry about spending the money for the extra woofers.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 814
i really wanna do sealed so i dont have to worry about the music that i listen to sounding good.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5454
then dont get cvrs and tune low.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 819
do you have any suggestions? the guy at the shop i go to has 4 in i cant remember i think a crx its sounds awsome and does 154 i know i wont hit that in my truck but should still get pretty loud

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1807
154 with sealed subs is on a AC meter. I do a 153+ on a AC with 1 15 Alpha on a 1750 in a trunk car. 2 15's ported will be the way to go. What truck do you have? What music do you listen too? What is budget for subs and amp?

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13604
some of these guys dont know how insanely loud a good single 15 can get yet they think they need 4 of em ....

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2619
With 4 15 CVRs and that amp you wont break 150 sealed on a TL mic. My guess would be 147ish at the most. For some subs sealed boxes are the way to go (ss RL-S)... With 4 15s and with the subs being CVRs, sealed would be stupid. There will be very few educated people on any fourm that would tell you its a good idea.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 821
i have an ext cab ranger i listen to mostly hiphop but every now and again ill listen to some nice norah jones lol so apples and oranges. id like to be able to stay under 600 and be able to use my kx2500.1 if possible. the 154 was on a tl.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 822
im sure a single good 15 will get loud i have a fully loaded btl18 right now (which is for sale btw ) that really bumps i just wanted to try a new setup ive had subs sealed b4 and love the sound so if you know some subs that are good sealed thatd be sweet.

Bronze Member
Username: Resin3

Post Number: 41
I actually have some Old Man Pops 15's. I got 2 of them they sound good in a sealed box. Best subs I've ever had and they take good rms. They are hard to get from what I heard though, and I bought them off some guy. Sooo try google I guess? =/

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5458
btl isn't made to sound great ya know? go with a couple of 15s known for some sound quality, but still get loud.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 824
hmmm well if im gonna do two subs i guess id do 2 18s so 18 or 15s that are sealed. thnx nick ill check those out.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 797
why sealed??? you can go ported and still maintain sound quality PLUS you gain output!

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2429
You might wanna look into the Mach 5 IXL line.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 611
port that sh*t

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 825
well what are 2 good 15 or 18s that i could port and still maintain highs and lows with good sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us