Local Audio Shops Not Working......

Anonymous

I've been trying for a couple weeks now to upgrade from my old Audiobahn 12" subs, to some new Kicker 12" L7 subs. There's 2 main audio places I'm looking at, but they are giving me conflicting opinions.
In the first, they told me Kicker was crap, and tried to shove some new audiobahns in my face, but I told them I didnt want that brand. They suggested some Powerbass 10's, which would leave more box space underneath my back seat.
The second place I went to actually did carry Kicker subs, but told me I would be better off only buying one L7, leaving a lot of box space. Since both companies had that similar idea, I know there must be something to it.
Please help me to decide between single or dual subs, and between 10" and 12" size. Also, any reviews on Powerbass subs would be helpful. Thanx.

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 78
Well the first place only shoved audiobahns in your face because they have to sell so many audiobahn products to be able to carry them. Depending on the type of music you listen to will depend on the number of subs you get. If you like a lot of rap get 2. Kicker is not crap either but you already know that.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 250
It depends on how much space you have underneath your back seat. Were your Audiobahn 12's under the back seat? I'm guessing so. The 12" L7 shouldn't need any more box space than the Audiobahn's do, one 12" L7 can be used in boxes from .88-2 cu ft. If you can get anywhere from 2-4 cu. ft underneath your seat for 2 subs, then you can get 2 12" L7's. If not, 2 10's will work. Are you going for a lot of SPL? You may not even need two to suit your needs, but it's your preference. Haven't had experience with Powerbass, so I'll let someone else give you an opinion on that.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 196
I would stick with the Kickers, but i wouldnt by it from them go with a internet or EBAY order. I dont know but there is always something fishy going on around car audio shops. I mean like in terms of knowlege. Do not go to the place that wanted to sell you Audiobahn.

Anonymous

The L7's are going under the back seat. I am looking to get improved spl from my audiobahns. I'm sure the L7's will be a great improvement. The reason I am pushing so hard to get new subs is because the guy who installed my Kicker 1200.1 only ran it at half power. He was worried the subs couldn't take all of it. It seems like a waste to spend 500 dollars on an amp and not use all of it. I've heard 10's that hit a lot cleaner and harder than 12's would this be a good idea? It might help me save some room under the back seat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us