Ho alternator rebuild kit

Bronze Member
Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 68
has anyone tried any of these kits?http://www.springhillautoelectric.com/

also what do you think of these pulleys?
it will probably shorten my alt life i think.http://www.highoutputalternator.com/otherpart.htm

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1573
The diodes went out on my Irragi alternator so replaced them with 150V 240A Schottky Diode in a D-67 HALF-Pak. I built an external heatsink to mount them on and mounted it behind my grill. Now I dont have to worry about the cheap stamped diodes going out again.... Usually they are the first thing to go on an alternator. They dont have very good heat dissipation.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1574
I used 3 150V 240A Schottky Diode in a D-67 HALF-Pak and made an external rectifier....

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1406
Lucas, do you have any pics. Sounds interesting.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1580
On the alternator there are 3 wires coming from the back of it. One for each phase. They connect to the diodes and the heatsink of the diodes connect to my battery. I will never have another alternator problem....I hope. Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 7882
The only downfall is building up an alternator with a small case. They usually lack cooling to be as efficient as possible.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1587
yeah, the little stamp diodes that they use with very little heatsink. mine worked good for about a year, but my alternator puts out 240amps. it was gonna catch up sooner or later. thats why instead of sending it in for another cheap rectifier to be installed I decided to make an external rectifier that isnt underneath the hood with my hot engine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us