Left deafness

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 160
After listening to my alarm going off a few mornings ago I started to notice a difference between my left and right ear. I've talked to a few of my friends and they say the same things. I'm curious to know why this is so. Is it because our higher frequency, the door speaker/tweeter, is closer? or is it the low freq, sub, bumping off the window?

anyone else notice this?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6169
Yes, it is common to loose hearing more in one ear than the other.

Higher freq. hurt your ears much more than bass, so yes, screaming highs/mids will do a number on your ears.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudazzaltima

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 13
i had that problem for a lil while also it was cause of my door speakers and tweeters, i fixed that problem by retuning my system i had the vocals way too high

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8470
you only get one set of ears...be carefull...my ears are pretty sensitive to highs and since im getting ready to do my install im keeping that in mind also

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 743
yea, and as you get older higher freq. go first, which is why alot of older people have trouble hearing children talk

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15000
Spent good part of my life using power tools/air guns ect....

First things you protect are your eyes and ears. When the ringing doesn't go away you've already done damage.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1317
I'm actually deaf in my right ear.. it sucks.. but comes in handy some times.. I can pretend to ignore people when i want lol

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 19
i often thought about driving with some ear plugs for myself and passanger, but i could just turn the music down lol....but seriously we all want killer systems but it comes with a few prices, attention from cops, dirty looks from people who cant understand y so loud, and loss of hearing

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1318
And its all worth it

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 21
Yes indeed

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 36
huh, lol

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1196
My dad shot a gun about 3-4ft from my right side when I was little. It took 2 days for the ringing to go down, and ever since then I've always had ringing in my ears. It woke me up last night because I was dreaming my ears were ringing lol.

Theres a huge difference between the ear that was facing the gun and the one that wasn't- I'll put in an earplug in my 'good' ear and they're almost the same :-(

I'm sure using powertools and listening to loud music doesn't help, but I try to wear hearing protection any time I'm doing something 'too loud'. It's just common sense.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7397
My left ear always seems dull or faded with sound. It also feels like I'm going up in an elevator with that popping feeling. Sometimes I don't hear what people say but that also has a lot to do with people that mumble and don't speak clearly. TAKE THE DICKOUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1541
"Sometimes I don't hear what people say but that also has a lot to do with people that mumble and don't speak clearly. TAKE THE DICKOUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!"

^x2

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13369
this why i often ask ppl who post up here who want 4 15s or 18s or multiple powerful subs for DAILY use if they really "need" all that LOUD or if they r right in the head !?

when a fav song comes on i can understand u want to crank it up but for life of me cant understand ppl who (((((((BOOOOOOOOM))))))) for long periods ...

hearing loss FTL !!!!!!!!! .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us