Alphasonik

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 762
has anyone heard of this sub company and do you think three of there 15s would have enough bass for me

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6187
Alphasonik = Audiobahn
(iirc)

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14072
^^Yep

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 763
i thought audiobahn was horrible my friends got 2 15s in his trunk and they are super loud

Bronze Member
Username: Loudazzaltima

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 31
yea most of these companies are tied together some how, but alpha makes great subs,idk why poeple bash audiobahn so much they make some killa subs..better in my opinon than..*cough kicker *cough

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1542
"idk why poeple bash audiobahn so much they make some killa subs..better in my opinon than..*cough kicker *cough"

Honestly, how can you say one sub is better than the other? Audiobahn has some bad build quality. Sure, if you are looking for a cheap SPL install, audiobahn will be "loud". It really just depends on the install that you want.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 764
im not trin o go cheap and sorry captain i like the input but in your case im not going to take the advice given kickers alright for high school im not in high school no more im in collage time to step this game up. this is why i was looking at the alphas but if there going to be the same as some other crappy company then im gona look else where. by the way nick v what would you recomend nothing to fancy please im looking for something i can make slam in my car first install was decent now im read for good or the most important the best system i can own

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6190
Ben,

Whats your budget?
What kind of sound do you want?

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1544
^x2
A budget and sound preference is needed to make that decision.

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 33
Well you can say one sub is better than another by one looking at the specs and by hearing them in person, not sure what u mean by bad build but ok. If u could explain that would be great. Now ben don't confuse price with being cheaply made, there are a few lesser known companies that make great subs and prices are cheaper, and audiobahn isn't cheaply made they make great boom for ur buck, but there are many onther companies that are way better

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14074
Good Rule of Thumb Dont listen'to captain america

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 765
rofl chauncey i figured that out a while back.

budget hmm i really hadnt built one but sounds would love to have something able to reach atleast 150 db in comps and be able to still listen to it while i drive daily

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 34
Lol what's wrong with what I said

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2308
If you're saying there is nothing wrong with the build quality of Audiobahn then you don't know what you're talking about man, sorry. Not ALL of them are sh*tty, but the vast majority of their subs are not very good.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 767
ok 150s a little crazy maybe mid 140s to high 140s

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2311
You have some bigs hopes...that's good tho. You really need to come up with a budget first tho, otherwise it will be hard to help you out.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 768
i think i will stick with my origanl idea for now and that would be 2 infinity perfect kappas in a 3 cuft box for each chamber ported to infinitys specs

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1546
"Well you can say one sub is better than another by one looking at the specs and by hearing them in person, not sure what u mean by bad build but ok. If u could explain that would be great."

Specs have nothing to do with what makes a sub better. It is the sound preference of the user. If a person wants a nice tight SQ sound and has a small area to work with, a smaller SQ sub would be the BEST sub for his install. But just saying "yeah, well this [insert random sub here] is allot better because the specs are better!" Better specs isn't want that user was looking for correct?

And Audiobahn does have some extremely budget build quality.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1325
More Bling then Sting

IMO

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 61
I personally wouldn't buy audiobahn.... But what do I know i own A LOT of *cough*kicker*cough sh!t! lol

I have heard 2- Audiobahn AWIS15 subs... And they were LOUD! Just too many others subs out there...

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 769
im not saying kickers crap there decent there more main stream and targeted towards high school kids with cars i will admit kicker is a decent sub for a setup or person that dosent have alot of money

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 62
lol.... My fav subs change often.... I want em all!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14079
^^That is a goal of Chad

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1174
the only thing i would buy made by kicker is thier amps,cvx sub, and wiring kits.

ben get 2 AQ SD2.5 12s or 15s and run them off the AQ 1200D if your not really tryin to spend alot....or mayb even wait for the AQ HDC3 to be back in stock.

http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8503
well the hdc subs can get loud but need the power to get there...as far as hittin the lows dont go smaller than the 15...I dont like the 12 hdc when it hits the lows its not very tight and that was in a 35 hz tuned box

Bronze Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 35
Yea I agree that audio/alpha are the same company, but I think alpha are on a higher level, similar to the hifon/ crunch. And everyone knows audio isn't the premier quality but the immortals r pretty decent for what u pay

Gold Member

Post Number: 8504
you know what...if you want to get loud and not need tons of power do a eclipse titanium elite 12

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=230233027567&Category=18803#e bayphotohosting

Gold Member

Post Number: 8505
i mean eclipse titanium 12

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1795
I had a pair of audiobhan sub before which i thought sound good. Compare to my XXX audiobahn lags SQ.

That's a really good suggestion sean.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 770
i like the AQs but i want the hdc but cant find em in stock about how much power do they need any ways

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1180
i got a HDC315 running off a zx1000.1 and i think its plenty loud for me. it lacks on the low end though but i still think it sounds good. i got it in a 3.5cuft tuned @ 37hz made by phil at woodlawn cabinetry. they are suppose to be getting them back in stock soon but it will not come equipped as the 1st shipment did, u will have to pay xtra for the options.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1181
here are AQ SD2.5 12s, this is Stavenmist316 on here, but i think he upgraded his amp he's running a saz1500d now, and they get low...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVH7lgMP7Cc&feature=related

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 772
what options will it be missing

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1187
i believe they will come with the copper coils instead of the aluminum coils and 8" layer. which came free with the first shipment.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 777
ok im going to check out back in spring to see if they have got in some new stock
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us