Dd 9512's .. good for spl, or sql??

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 873
need info cuz i am making some ok money right now and getting system in grand prix need to know. or is there a 15 thatl be better for 400? . just to let you guys know im not sure if i am gonna get the 9512's yet cuz i have to call my local delaer the closest one to see how much he wants.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2335
im not a big fan of them personally ... didnt really do it for me ...

alot of people swear by em .. but it didnt excel down low and it lacked the sq i was looking for .. got loud tho

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13339
^i agree 100%

if u want goos SQ lows yet loud then better u get a apir of RE SX 10s instead ....

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1605
I'm pretty close to ya. We've got plenty of DD's in stock. I have a few used 95's as well.
I differ in opinion about "getting low". I've built dozens of systems with DD's that have done in excess of 150db at 35hz. Very loud subs.
As for SQ, I think they sound great but I think the 95's are probably overkill and I'd look into something a little bit cheaper that isn't geared specifically for competition. The 3500's are decent SQL subs. The SX's are great sounding woofers as well.

Although none of those are my favorite.
To be honest I think the 1500 series from DD sound great. And as for SQL, I don't sell'em but my lord W7's sound flippin awesome.
If it came down to it I'd rather listen to a W713 over a 9512 any day.
I'm also a big fan of Diamond's D612's.

And believe it or not, the TXX series woofers from Audiopipe sound pretty good too, and they're available online really cheap. (in fact I think I did like a 156db on the TL with 4 TXX12's once, not sure though, was a few years back)

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3424
I think a si magnum is a good sub for the money. gets loud and sounds awsesome at a good price. I agree with zac on the w7 though. great sounding sub. as far as bottom end I think a tc sounds 3hp (eclipse ti) is a great sub worth looking into.also if you can find one a 05 xxx would be a great choice.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6722
They are SPL leaning subs, but they don't sound bad. And they are very loud.

I have a 9515.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 174
you want good sql go with the d6 diamonds i absolutely love mine the two zac's think alike

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3425
oh the powerbass 3xl is a good sounding sub and cost a ton less I believe. though it will not get as loud as the 9500 it has great low end. the dc sounds level for is another great choice and can be had for around 300 bux or so. but my choice would be the 05 xxx. won't get crazy crazy loud. but man.. great low end. hehe

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2336
oh i wasnt bad mouthing the woofer by any means , just not my cup of tea

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 874
ZAC DAVIS. yes i got your store number because i was gonna call you. but i can almost guarantee that there about 400 each sub. i can go 400 to 500 for subs. nothing over. im gonna look into the d6's , and also the audiopipe subs. but idk i want something pretty loud but also to sound good not all spl. so yea. and i was actualy looking into re sx's 12's but there over my price. but id love to get a pair.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us