Confused...

Silver Member
Username: Spankinurwoofers

GR, MI US

Post Number: 344
ok, so my stepbro, whos been in car audio since i can remember, told me he didnt think my amp(a8000t) could produce 800 wrms with only a 60 amp draw.

Don't really get how you'd conclude that...?

He also said that the same company that owned ma audio, owned audiobahn, and that my amp was the same as an amp that ma made...true/false???

But, from what i've heard/been told from ppl on here, that amp puts out actual rated power(800wrms), so now i'm just confused.......is there anywhere to get amps tested for output(preferably free)??? or somebody who's tested amps?

Thanks so much in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5890
doubt you could get that amp benched for free unless you know a store owner or something. but call around to audio shops near you and see if they can bench your amp. shouldn't be to much, maybe $10 or $15.

Silver Member

GR, MI US

Post Number: 345
k, i'll look around in my area...

but is there any like equation to find out how many watts an amp SHOULD produce?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8373
well 60 amps times 14.4 volts minus 10% efficiency loss= 777 watts rms at 20 % loss which is more likely its 691 watts so your step bro looks to be right

Silver Member

GR, MI US

Post Number: 346
well, he was under the impression that it was more like 400wrms (that 800 was actually a max rating).

Then my other bro has a bxi2006d(2000wrms rated), and he said he was probably not even getting 600 wrms from it...???

Granted, he does have the gain down a little, but its hooked to a 1 ohm load. should be producing at least around 1000 wrms right(logically, if its actual is around 16-1700wrms)?

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 21
here's a vid of 2- bx-2005d(2000 watt rms) pushing 2-2500 watt rms speakers. 1 amp/speaker both at 1 ohm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iBGB5HVAKKU
that hiphonic amp with enough voltage to push them should be pushing 2000 watts rms. MaxxSonic are pretty good about rating there amps.... (Autotek- Hifonis is what I can vouch for)
I would say that 1600-1700 could probably be close. But 600??? not a chance... They are very strong amps...But the can be power hungry.. just my opinion

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1159
I used to have 2 hifonics 2006ds on 2 Fi BTL 18s, and they pounded very nicely. Now as far as if they put out rated power I don't know, but they'd get some air moving.

I wouldn't go by that fuse rating thing. If so that would mean my Memhpis 4k (which comes with 500a of fusing) would be pulling 5760 watts at 80% efficiency, which I'm pretty confident w/out a 16v setup won't happen.

Truthfully this website and others- people love to say 'that amp will/wont put out rated power', but they rarely have any testing, bench or otherwise to prove it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6676
" MaxxSonic are pretty good about rating there amps.... "

Umm, no.

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 22
crunch and mb quarts excluded

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6679
And hifonics........ they do about 80% of claimed power

Bronze Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 24
who do you know that has had them benchedtested?..How did you come up with "about 80%"...How is that true for every one of their amps..? even so still way more than 600 watts rms at 1 ohm....Besides I have already conceided that 1700-1800 watts is possible...A lot depends on voltage.. I know what they do to my solo x's...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6683
Yes that is from a benchtest in CA&E mag. They are well known to be over-rated.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14037
^^Yep, i think the pre 06 versions did like 70% of there rated power and the newer ones do about 80% of there rated power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us