Ot : tinted windows

Gold Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey 15 inch Alph...

Post Number: 1461
sorry about the ot guys. im wanting to tint my windows. how dark should i get the front and back? i was thinking 5% back but what about front? the front is illegal but what could i get away with do you think? thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2699
5 in back, get 20 up front, its dark but its nice...

my buddy has 5 all around on his rainier but it's dark as balls...my moms envoy has 20 all around and its perfect

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1330
5% all around. i wish i did that in the first place. i have 20% now and am going to go over my rear windows with 5% and leave my 20% up front so it will look "less illegal" even tho all tint is now illegal in NY, eventually i will tint my windshield with either 75% or 50% too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1463
thanks for the input guys :-) its legal to get the rear windshield tinted right? 5 and 20 sounds good.

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 308
my buddy has 1% all around...feel like your riding at night in broad daylight

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2701
keep in mind, if your car is dark, tint can suck...driving my moms black envoy xl is a B!TCH in the dark, backing it up is a hassle, but the tint is naysty...

fun fact, saw lebrons cars (maybach and a cls amg) at the auto show in cleveland ... HOLY CRAP his tint is dark, like WAY beyond illegal, it has to be a few layers of 5% minimum.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1465
yea thats too much, i just want it too look fly not to dark just clean you know. so ill probably go with what cal suggested. 5 percent in the back and 20 up front

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1720
I have 5% in the back, 35%'s in the front. Works perfect for me. The back windows make the front ones look darker than they are. Reason I chose this was because it's legal here to have 35 in the front

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13305
^^^sup james ! .....

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2702
are dunlellen cops really an*l??

bc my uncle told me in cities (specifically cincinnati) cops are so strict on tint laws, they'll pull you over, write you a ticket, AND then give you a razor and wait for you to scrape all the tint off your car. i'd be careful, 35% is decently dark btw, check your tint laws (for example, here, anything on back is legal, 35 is the maximum legal upfront) haha my moms a rebel, shes got 20 on the envoy

o yea and wtf, i guess you can't say anaI

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1331
honestly on my car having 20 % tint all around makes it hard enough to back up as it is but i justwant to go darker for security and the look. i plann to move to florida relatively soon where all tint is legal exceot for full windshield tint. however it is legal to have a top and bottom strip as dark as you want on your front windshield.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1577
I went 20% all around back in November. When i returned to get my car after it was done, I instantly regretted not doing 5%. The only options were 40,30,20,5.

Mark is right, with 20% its very hard to see when you back up, I roll down my windows and use my side mirrors for that. Also Remember your front windows are going to look lighter than the back becuase of the windshield.

So If i were you, i would go with 5% all around

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 160
I have 35% on everything except the windshield. It looks really classy. You can see through it during the day(you see shadows) but at nigh its hard to see through. I have had it for a long time now and had no problem with cops at all. Even when I have gotten pulled over. But i do live in an area where cops are pretty lax.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6032
iv got 15 all around my car 5 all around my truck personally i wouldnt go darker then 15 on the front.

Bronze Member
Username: Adambtl21

Alpena, Michigan United states

Post Number: 12
my s10 has 2.5 on the back and 20 on the front know used to be 5 but to much attention from the police. but 20 dose just fine up front

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1722
how ya doing rovin buddy? Long time no talk!

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2351
I had 5% over 35% on my jeep all the way around and it was dark as balls. I loved it though. I have 20% on the truck now and soon I will be doing another layer of 5% over it. I want it to be blacked out completly. I got used to it in my jeep and hate it being so light on my truck. But for the normal person, 20% is normally fine

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1054
personally i would do 20% all around becuz some areas cops can b d1cks about it....and you dont want to throw $200 down the drain if u get pulled over and have to get it removed...that happened to me on my old car, i had 35% in the front and 20% in the back and the cop measured both front and rear with the tint meter thing. I removed it went to the cop station n the cop came out stood on the door step n asked me which one is my car, i told him and he said ok ur good only took him 1 sec....i was mad....

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4707
i love the look of 5% but its too much of a hassle.. draws too much attention and makes backing up at night or even regular vision at night reduced too much

i went ahead and did 20% all the way around.. looks great and still have some visability at night

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2491
i have five all around!! illegal for the win..lol

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14027
^^Ditto

Gold Member

Post Number: 1466
so after reading all of this im thinking either 20 all around or 20 in the back and 35 in the front. im getting it done next weekend probably so we'll see. as far as cops idk how strict they are but a few of my friends have tinted windows all the way around and they havent had any trouble with the police... but with my luck il lget pulled over.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1056
^^ yep better safe then sorry bro. any package yet?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1467
idk im still at school. ill be home in like 15 minutes so we'll see. cross your fingers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1468
nope again not here

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3385
That sucks man. :-( I just hope you dont hold it against Paul. No doubt in my mind that he sent it. So it either hasnt got there yet, which I dont see why it wouldnt have although entirely possible, or usps just straight fu(ked up or someone stole it out of your mailbox.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 898
Get a doctors note lol. Tell him you don't want skin cancer or your family history is filled with skin cancer something... You'll be able to get away with it with the cops then..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1469
worrd i have no doubt that paul sent it. hes a good guy. we have a;ready talked. usps just f*cked me not him. its all good though. lol and colby good idea

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 608
5% all the way around is the only way to go..I got an 8" strip on the windshield and the rest is 30% down

Gold Member

Post Number: 3386
Here in Oregon, you can have it as dark as you want on the top 6" of the windshield. And no more than 35% anywhere else.

Heres mine. I dont know the % cause I bought it like this but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its 35%. Its definitely as dark as you see around here.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2526
hey Jesse, what HS did you go to?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3388
Barlow...Why?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1472
naledge. that looks good. if thats 35 then thats probably what ill do. mayb a tad lighter on the fronts

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 654
if your trying to just stop the light get 20 wraped all the way around, that will be good, if your trying to stop heat, look up this tint call huper optic, it is the absolute best heat reflective tint out... and just as expenseive as it sounds. $1000 for the dryier or something like that and $500 for the ceramic

Gold Member

Post Number: 1473
thanks for the advice no limit

Silver Member

Post Number: 613
i got all my windows done for 200 bucks

Silver Member

Post Number: 614
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 280
i have 35% on the front windows and 5% on the back windows and rear windshield. Looks nice but backing is a pain in the azz at night.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4639
"5% tint so they cain't see up in my window."

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4733
$200 is pricey for tint.. I got mine done with lumex tint on the legacy for $100.. thats 7 windows

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 874
i like 5% all da way around

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2534
Kevin, where about did you get your tint? I might need to head that way, I need 25% on the two fronts and 7% or 5% from there all the way back, everyone locally keeps pricing me around 200

Silver Member

Post Number: 616
thieves thats in the ball park..mine came with a lifetime warranty and it transfers to the next owner as well...kevin that is a good deal..must just be were you live or something..But theres basically only 2 major shops that do a proffesional job where i live..O and mine would have only been 165 without the windshield.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2366
Do it yourself. It will take a few tries but around here, you can buy the tint from the professional shop (around $20 for two normal windows) and do your entire car for around $60 bucks. If it takes 3 tries, thats $180 and then you can do it for friends.

BTW, Naledge, that HAS to be darker than 35%. The lower the number, the darker the tint

Gold Member

Post Number: 1489
cody nice whip btw

Gold Member

Post Number: 3408
Andrew, I know the lower the number, the darker the tint. The % is the amount of light allowed into the vehicle. Here's another angle. You can see through the tint......I hope its not darker than 35%. I'm gonna have to go to a tint shop and ask now. :-)

Upload

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2370
OK, wasnt tryin to insult you, just makin sure. But again, I swear it is at least 20%. I could be way off though

Gold Member

Post Number: 3413
I know you weren't man. lol. I'm gonna take it to a shop this week and have them check.

Silver Member

Post Number: 621
thanks josh

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2538
jesse, it's not that dark, I'm pretty sure you are okay with that tint, looks like no darker than 20% to me

KEVIN, where did you get yours done?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us