Would this sound good

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 739
im thinking about a new system up and im thinkging about hooking up 8 6.5 comp systems to a 2 channel kicker 750.1 amp with 2 or 4 subs what do you all think it would sound like loud or not worth my time and money

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2354
those 750.1's are monos and why would you do 8 6.5" component sets? Get something that can keep up with your subs and if need be, get 2 sets... But you can get a pair, w/ the right amp that will keep up with subs. No need for 8... plus that would just look retarded

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 741
well because i was going to make a custom kick panel pod to hold one set thn put a set in the front doors along with the back doors with another custom inclouser by were your seat belts come out in the middle of the car and a set or two on the rear deck

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3330
would be harder to make that sound good then buying two better sounding component sets and placing them accordingly. 8 would be louder though. and a kicker 750.1 is not the right amp for your plan lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4713
sounds like a lot of wasted money.. soundstage would be horrible

it would be louder and everything would be around that, thats not correct for a good sq system but if thats what your looking for then go for it

IMO just go with a nice 3-way setup up front since you want to do some custom fiberglassing

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8354
"IMO just go with a nice 3-way setup up front since you want to do some custom fiberglassing"

I guess by three way he means a component set and then midbass speakers

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 742
it just and idea i have been playing with i didnt know if it would be any good or not but aleast i know now befor i spent all the money to do it. lol 200 dollars a compent set is alot

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1800
Goddamn you were gonna pay $1600 on just comps? Wow! Take that $1600 and get one,maybe two,set(s) of really nice comps and a nice amp for them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4722
$200 for a nice set of comps is really not expensive.. there are a lot more expensive by far :-)

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 745
the comps i was going to get were the perfect kappa comps

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6673
If were ever going to go through with that idea, al least use some decent speakers.... those suck.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 750
dude what are you talking about perfect kappa series is among the best recomened on this sites good bad list you cant distored these speakers and its hard as hell to blowem up unless you super over power them im sticking withem and i might just make my own 3 way system out of them

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 727
"best recomened on this sites"

what sites?

Sites that only carry shittier equipment? Don't get me wrong Infinity is not crap but there is way better for the money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4735
you can get some focal 165s for under or around 200 shipped :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us