Wtf... all of a sudden blowing fuses like no other

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Fi , 2 12 Fi Bls U.s.a

Post Number: 281
ok so the other day my friend has 2 pwr acousik blah blah... so i thought i wired em to 2 ohms but i really wired em to 2 .5 ohm... and blew my fuses... so enough said i took his subs out and put mine back in and i got new fuses 2(30s) and then i hooked em up like this: i used to hook em up like the b4 pic but then hooked em up like the after pic... it hits alot harder now but i blew a fuse when i cranked it... yet i have never blew a fuse using my bl and my amp so... and its same setup...hmm help

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1941
LIKe wut theres no Pictures posted

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

02 Hyundia Santa Fe, 120.3 db not...

Post Number: 488
i think from what i got out of that...could be wrong but the second time you wired it at a lower ohm on your subs and too it draws more power....to much for your inline fuse and power wire...what guage are you running??

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2077
probly wired them wrong

pics?????

Silver Member

Fi , 2 12 Fi Bls U.s.a

Post Number: 282
yeah my bad i thought i uploaded it... and also i might have explained it wrong but i hooked up my friends subs to my amp and it blew the fuse so i put my sub back in and then put in new fuses and it blew again...but the only difference is that its hooked up the speaker terminals different.. here it is.. but also i realized that my power and ground cables are hanging out a bit so some wire is showing... but does that have anything to do with blowin fuses... im pretty sure it isnt arcing cause its not that bad but they are sticking out more than b4... i mean like the bare wire is like 1/8 of an inch sticking out of the terminal...? since the pic is being g@y and wont upload heres a pic
1 2 3 4....speaker terminals on the amp
+ + - -

i had it hooked up to 2 and 4 first... everything was fine... then i hooked it up to 1 and 4 and this sh1t started happening

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 132
4 channel amp? "i had it hooked up to 2 and 4 first... everything was fine... then i hooked it up to 1 and 4 and this sh1t started happening" I take from this that you're trying to bridge it? if so, bridge 1 and 3, 2 and 4. POS1 NEG3 POS2 NEG4.

Silver Member

Fi , 2 12 Fi Bls U.s.a

Post Number: 283
nah man its monoblock... 1 channel... they just give you 2 terminals for easier hook up.. i just labeled it 1,2,3,4 so i could just say what terminal it was hooked up to w/out describing it... but i think my ground wire and my pwr wire were arcing a bit... i re wired it so none of it was hangin out and nothings happened yet so hopefully that was the prob..

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 138
I hope the problem is fixed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us