Dual XDVD8183 power on failure

Username: Timowen1

Tipp City, Ohio USA

Post Number: 3
I bought a Dual XDVD8183 about 1 month ago and it started failng to turn on. I never shut my radio off before leaving my truck. When I get back in and start the truck the radio just comes on. Well about 2 weeks ago when I started my truck the secondary LCD showed the words bye-bye on startup which is what it does on shut down. At first all I had to do is push the display button and all went well. Now when it happens the radio acts dead but the blue LCD is lit and says bye-bye. It will not shut down manually, no sound, screen will not come up, nothing. I have to shut the truck off and restart it to get the radio to straighten out. The store took it back as defective and now the new one 1 week old is doing it. I know it is wired up right. What could be the problem? Anyone else experience this? I have not tried reset yet because it takes everything back to factory reset and I just did not want to screw with starting over with the programming. Do you think this happens because I did the e-break wire bypass?? When it works everything works. Failures are not often but very annoying.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us