Cables and rca??

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 516
what are some good ones and fairly priced cause when i upgrade my system im trying not to cut any corners

Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 8
what ampkit?

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 519
yes but im going to be running a ho alt

Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 9
kicker 1/0 gauge ampkit. everybody loves this kit on here..

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-KICKER-PKD1-Amp-Kit-1-0-Gauge-AWG-Dual-Wire-05PKD1_W0QQi temZ200181038824QQihZ010QQcategoryZ79815QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 520
what are good rca cables

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 641
Kicker RCA's are good too

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4449
Good and fairly priced = kicker, knukonceptz, other respectable brands, etc.

Best you can get = Monster Cable

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3177
"Best you can get = Monster Cable"

Cheese and rice MS I seriously hope you are kidding. Monster makes above average cables that are ridiculously overpriced ($100 HDMI????) and are failure-prone. Back in the day Noel Lee was making some very nice handmade cables that included some interesting technologies and they were assembled very well in the USA. Now they are laying off workers and outsourcing assembly to foreign countries (China) where the workmanship and quality control is far from great.

If someone is looking for high quality interconnect cables they are the last company I would recommend. Cardas, Straight Wire, Nordost, Tara Labs, MIT, Analysis Plus, AudioQuest, Kimber, and Tributaries off the top of my head all make cables that are far, far better than Monster.

Or better yet... do like I do and get some high quality bulk cable (Canare, Mogami) and some nice connectors and make your own.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4455
Brad how far back is "back in the day"? Yes monster cable is ridiculously overpriced, thats why I don't use them. In fact I've never actually used them in a car audio system.

The reason I said that: There's a local shop here that's been around since 1979 that does home audio and car audio installs. They know what they're doing, for the most part. My friend's step father used to work there also and he knows his stuff......... Anyways they've been using monster cable forever and they swear by the stuff.
I have some of their RCAs in my home stereo (which is nothing special BTW, the receiver and speakers are over 10 years old now and I got them on clearance at the time) and they seem to be very well made.
But anyways I believed them about this since they sell good equipment and they guys there know their stuff. Unlike most shops around here.

Username: Meah

Olive Hill, Kentucky United States

Post Number: 1
I personally like the scosche cables..

But that's all I've used.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3181
Back in the day would be in the mid 90's. Monster started in 1978 and for many years they did things the right way and used quality materials and made sure they were assembled properly. Now... not so much. If you don't believe me, put "monster cable sucks" or "monster cable is overrated" or something similar into Google. I hold two patents on electronic cables and have been building and testing them for many years and I know a quality cable when I see one.

The reason why many shops like the one you mentioned continue to use Monster is two-fold:
1) They are decent cables. 2) They have a (mostly false) reputation as high end and "the one to have" and hence have a very high markup potential. In able to acquire and keep shops carrying their stuff, Monster offers a no-questions-asked warranty and a relatively low dealer cost that leaves much room for considerable markups.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 510
Are you talking about the scosche cables they sell at walmart? Ive went through like 3 sets of them in the past, back when I first got into car audio and hated them. We could be talking about 2 different cables tho.

Username: Meah

Olive Hill, Kentucky United States

Post Number: 4
Yeah I'm talking about those.

I've used cable that were not rated for my amp watts.

like a 255w cable on a 500w amp and it worked prefect. i'm still using the same set from a year ago.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us