Best 4 channel amp for the price

Bronze Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 76
Sundown SAX-100.4 for 350 (160w rms)
Kicker SX900.4/SX700.4 for 435/325
Kicker ZX850.4/650.4 for 265/185

Also found a Kicker SX650.4 for 200 new, 04 model I think.

The Kicker ZX's are refurbished btw.

For my components I'm either getting Diamond Audio S600S or Image Dynamics XS-69/CXS-65
RMS 170/150/150 respectively.

I'd rather save up and get an amp with a higher rms than my speakers so there's no clipping and I don't want to work it too hard.

I'd get a Kicker ZX850.4 without a second thought, if it wasn't for me having one and soon to be two SAZ-1500D's. I love that amp and want to stick with Sundown, but I also want to give my speakers all the watts they can take rms without the amp clipping/ there being distortion.

So what would you guys do? And of course any other amps you find for me I'll glady consider :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7229
best 4 channel for the money is a phoenix gold octane r 8.0:4 75x4 rms at 4 ohms..

the amp was as clean and as loud as the jl audio 300/4 and i had to sell the 300/4 because i notices that the pg was as clean sounding and i could get some extra cash from the jl..

im running it right now and its never failed me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
I like Phoenix Gold, but do they have anything that can put out 175w x 4 rms or better?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7233
oh nope.. what you could do is buy two of the 2 channel versions and ull be better than the ones u mentioned above

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 639
Try the b stock ED 4 channel amp

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4448
Best amp for the money that does that much power:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17566

I just bought one to bridge to 2 channels and run my components. 250w x 2 at 4 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4460
Mark are you planning to bridge the amp to 2 channels to run your components? You're probably having the same problem I did, couldn't find a 2 channel amp powerful enough.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Well I was thinking of gettting one set of comps for the front and bridging my amp and then if I decide to get another set for the back I can run my amp at 2 ohm and still get most of the power from the speakers.

Right now I'm pretty set on the Diamonds and the Sundown amp (just because I'll already have 2 SAZ-1500Ds lol), but IDK know how the Sundown's SQ is compared to Kicker's. I know for mono amps it doesn't matter, but I heard it does for speaker amps?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
OT, but I was really curious if there was a stereo or multi channel amp that could be run at 1 ohm (stable or if anyones ever tried it on a 2 ohm amp). Never heard of one, but if mono amps can get down to .175 ohm why not 1 ohm for speaker amps lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us