The final countdown.....please help

Bronze Member
Username: Igor_xxx

Post Number: 35
I cant decide guys what to buy and what will hitt harder between this 2 subs.these are my final choices but i cant deside on my own so i need your help.

JBL GTO1004 or Kenwood KFC-WPS1000f

in my opinion JBL is more quality stuff but the kenwood has carbon/glass fiber cone and thats confusing me, will the Kenwood hitt harder because of that or not.
JBL or Kenwood.....and explain why JBL or Kenwood please

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 829
LMAO Dude there's so....much better stuff out there then those 2 subs...lol your whylin...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4392
If I remember correctly, he only has access to a few brands.

Kenwood stuff is major CRAP. Get the JBL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
yeah, you are right M.S. i cant get stuff like JL, Kicker and the others quality brands.i only have JBL, alpine, mutant, pioneer, kenwood and some others.so the JBL should be my choice, alright then thanks M.S.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2003
alpine type r > the rest of your choices

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
The type-r is over my budget.at my place the cheapest type-r is 280$ so you can see why i cant get them.i'll go with the JBL because its good quality and i have the money for them, and i see you dont like kenwood and you are the experts

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Also i wanted to ask what do you think about Focal subs, are they better then the JBL?because i can get one for the same price as the JBL.
this one to be more precise Focal Access 30 A1

http://www.focal-america.com/

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4403
Focals are SQ subs, they are great but probably won't be very loud.

And an Alpine type-R would probably crush everything else thats available to you....... consider saving for one of those.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 646
can u not buy off ebay from where your at..you could get two type r's and pay more for shipping and still get two brand new r's for about the price you posted that you can get one for

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
You are right M.S. i will save a litle more money for the type-r.but can someone tell me another site besides sonicelectronix.com that can deliver products to Macedonia(its in Europe).i found there one type-r that is 105$ and for shipping 109$ so its after all cheaper that buying one from my place.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admitin ur an a$$hole ...

Post Number: 330
my buddy had to jbl 15s that beat hard youll be happy with them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
So PatRICK you say I wouldn't be wrong if I get these JBL's, they got the power to hitt?i know they cant hitt like type-r but they got some muscle?

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
i dont know exactly what model he had but they beat pretty hard not the cleanest sub though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I'm not that much into car audio, i just want something to bump in my trunk when i get out but also not to sound like sh!t.

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
y are u unable to get other brands money?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4410
Read his previous posts....... he lives in Macedonia....... its one of those little countries in europe I looked it up :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Yes M.S. its one of those sh!ty little countries and everything is so expensive here (even the worst brands) and you cant order anything online, you have to buy at local dealers and the prices are very high.thats why there are limited brands that i look for (i know they are crap compared to yours systems but what can you do when you are limited to very small number of ,,quality'' brands).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Just to tell you guys today I went at a local shop and heard the Focal 30A which is only 250rms and the sound quality that this sub have is amazing and still got the power to hitt.i'm driving a hatchback and thats enough for me.this sub tomorrow is going in my trunk for sure.thanks for the help guys and i'll post some pics when everything will be done.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4429
Good to hear that you found a good sub. Did ya find a good amp yet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
whell thats another problem now.what do you think M.S. how mush RMS will be enough for this sub to perform at its best.around 250 should be enough right?i wanted to buy a kenwood amp wich was around 250-300rms but since you told me not to go with kenwood amps i'm thinking about alpine but i'm not sure yet.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4432
If the sub is rated for 250w RMS, look for an amp that does 250 or a little more. More power is always better as you dont' have to use it all.

Alpine amps are very good...... get one if can.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4433
BTW what ohm coils are on that sub. That will dictate what amps will work with it.........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Its 4ohm SVC rated at 250rms/500max.i didnt get the sub today because the shop was closed for the weekend so i'll have to wait untill monday.BTW can you see the specs and tell me what do you think?
can it give me some solid SQ performance and a little bump in the trunk (i mean it sounded great at the shop for me but I'm not an expert so i want your opinion)

http://www.focal-fr.com/catalogue-front/produit.php?langue=EN&idArbo=16&idProdui t=115

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4438
If it sounded good in the shop, it should sound good in your car and be a little louder. (cabin gain).

That is, as long as you get a box for it made to it's specs. Box built to the subs specs is extremely important.

For an amp: remind me again what brands you have access to?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I know that the box is extremely important and i take that very serious.that sub sounded very good for me and as far I can see Focal make quality products so it's way better choice over pioneer,kenwood and sony, right?And now for the amps here is the list:Pioneer,Kenwood,Sony,Blaupunkt,JBL,Alpine,Focal (but they are out of my league).anyone from this will be ok but i'm thinking about JBL or Alpine.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4442
Yeah Focal is definitely better than those others.

For a good amp it looks like JBL or Alpine, so these amps would be good. The first 2 even have more power than you need.

JBL GTO601.1II
Alpine MRP-M650
Alpine MRD-M605

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
those are nice choices even that the first 2 are little more powerfull that i need.i have a buddy who will gave me his kenwood amp to use it for a couple of weeks until i get a little more money for something decent from JBL or Alpine.this is the amp and i know its crap but for a couple of weeks it will be ok

http://www.kenwood.eu/products/car/amplifiers/KAC-6203/details/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
one last question M.S..i forget that when i was at the car audio shop i saw an Alpine Type-E SWE-1242 but i totally forgot about it and as far as i can see a lot of people on a budget have them and are happy with them and say that they can get enough loud for the price and that they are only 250rms and overall a very nice sub.so what can you say...the Alpine or the Focal?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5486
focal over the type e for sure.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4453
^^^^^ X2

And yes that amp will work fine. Kenwoods problem is that their amps don't tend to last very long, a lot of them blow after a year or so of use. But it will work until you can get a better amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Thanks for the help guys and tomorrow i'm going to buy the Focal but maybe get the Polyglass V1 series if they have it.As soon as i get it i'll post some pics and start building my sub box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Oh and thanks for that you told me not to go with kenwood,pioneer and similiar subs.i cant wait to hear the sound quality of this sub at my hatchback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us