Is This Bad???

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 73
Plz Read Carefully,

Would it still pound if I hook an alpine type R 4 OHM up to a 606D amp.

The reasonf or this is because i had made a deal with my dad that if 1 alpine sub wasnt enough bass for me, he would buy the 606D off me and i get the 1606D amp with 2 alpine subs.

In a recent topic i was told that i would need x2 4 ohm type R's with the 1606D amp. ANd for the 606D amp with one type R i would need a 2 OHM.

So back to the question, will it all still work and poundif i get just x1 4 ohm alpine with the 606D amp, so later down the road i can get the second sub 4 ohm also.

thanks again guys, big help.

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 34
u mean this amp? the bxi606?

well lets see if the type R is 4 ohms you would onli get 150 watt with 4ohms wired. and the other way is yo wire it parallel you will get 2ohms which will be 300 watts from that amp. if you get the 2ohms Type R you can wire it down to 1 ohm which you will get 600 watts from that amp...

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 35
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Hifonics-BXi-606-600W-Brutus-Mono-Amplifier-BXi606_W0QQi temZ270194203892QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 74
o ok i see hwo it works, so for the 1606D hifonics amp, you would get 2 4 ohm, which would wire it down to 1 ohm, therefore giving it its max power?

i might as well stick with buying the big amp, and get one sub for now, then if i ever want to upgrade i have that option

Thanks V.T
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us