Hifonics + Alpine Type R

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 51
Instead of getting 2 alpine type r's with 1606D hifonics amp, im jus going with 1 alpine type R 12" sub for now. WITh a 606D hifonics amp just for starters.

Question 1: What OHM will i get for that amp? 2 ohm or 4 ohm?

Question 2: will i have to set gains on that amp or will the alpine sub take that amount of power?

thanks for any help guys.

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 583
Wow what is tht like the amp and sub combo of the month or something I see so many threads with this combo

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 52
lol, well alpines a good name and hifonics is powerfull, good budget/startout items.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6705
It's like that show "flavour of love". Makes no sense.
Anyone know why so many good looking females throw themselves at a guy that looks as tough as a mini dog? Is he some famous guy or something?

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 584
Uhhh yea?? He was in the rap group public enemy during the 90's you know chuck d and flavor flav yeaaaaaaaa booooooy. Lol

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 117
chad how many times have u posted about this set-up. Just go buy it and stop asking questions about the same dam* thing every f()ckin day

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6707
He couldn't have been that famous cause I didn't know about it! Just kidding.
Why are the biatches crying and fighting over that guy on the show? Don't tell me they're in love with his looks. He looks as geeky as a high school nerd hanging around jock's lockers to look cool.
I'm guessing in Flavour of love1, he selects the girl he'll date/sleep with? What happens after the show? Does he dump her or what? He has Flavour of love2. Does that mean 1 girl isn't enough? How do those girls' parents justify their behavior on TV? Surely they can't be proud of their girls acting like cheap h0's?
Reason why I'm asking is, that is one show I don't get at all. Bachelor's about a guy wanting to find a woman to marry. What's the Flavour for? Getting lucky on TV?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7295
A Hifonics Brutus BXi 606 will put out 600 rms true power so a single alpine type r 12 dual 2 ohm is what youll want to drive the sub at 1 ohm on that amp

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 766
eh i run a 1606 d and a single R - wired to 2 ohm. just build a custom box tune the gains correctly and don't pound it into submission at max volume and u will be fine. the amps overrated so it's not a true 1100 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 493
Personally, I would buy the 1606 now and just but 1 type R (dual 4). Then if you ever want to buy another R you will have the correct amp.

^^^^Just my opinion...

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 503
i agree with donnie, i ran my two R's off of a bxi2006d. nothing wrong with having an amp that u can upgrade ur subs with.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12561
i agree with Isaac - there is SO MUCH BS on mtv its a shame of what it used to be say 15yrs ago where mostly music videos were played most of the day instead of the sh1t on now ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us