UV8 vs Jensen VM9312

Username: Bykelife

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 3
I recently added a UV8 to my setup. I see that the UV8 and the Jensen VM9312 are essentially the same unit (with different names on them basically). Hell I know the "secret" factory / hidden menu code is the same for the UV8 and the VM9312. I also know for a fact some technical details are different. The biggest one I am looking for an answer to is:

¤ What is the (F,R and SUBW) preamp line out output voltages on the (Phase Linear) UV8?

I know for the VM9312 I have found the specification stating all of its line outs put out 2volts (2v). So when I hooked in my alpine mrd-m605 (mono amp with digital gain controls for those who don't know) I set it to 2.5 (there was no 2.0, just 1.5 and 2.5). Well it did "work" it was barely audible compared to what you think a single 12" Alpine type R would sound like when being powered by the mrd-m605... So I called the company and after being on hold for a lifetime the guy came back and stated that "was too technical of a question", and referred me to call a different phone number that may be able to answer it for me. So I called the number he referred me to call, and after being on hold another decent amount of time they guy came back and stated the UV8 (also) put out 2v. So I figured I would at least try the 1.5v GAIN setting on my amp, there was minimal difference! I don't want to adjust it any more than that until I know what the unit DOES put out (the next steps on the amp are 1.0 - .7 - .5 - .4 - .3 - .2 - .1) or until I have access to an oscilloscope to tune in the sub amp! I appreciate any specifications, and or any advice...! Thank you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us