New Idea will it work, what you guys think? need some opinions/advice.

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 155
Hi Guys, i have a new plan, Currently i have 4x MTX 7512-04 in 4.3 ft^3 Total Sealed Enclosure powered by an MTX TA 81001, Now I'm planning to go ported, And I was thinking about 7.2 ft^3 total before displacement for the 4 subs and tuned at 32- 34 Hz , I want more low freq and also the upper and punchy Bass, that's why I was thinking more on the 34 Hz.

for the port i was thinking something like 15"X 4" or 18"X 4" of port, It will be something like 60 square inches if i choose the 15"x 4" dimension and the port length will be 11.03" deep or 72 square inches if i choose the 18"X 4" dimensions and the port length will be 14.31" deep. So will this ideas going to work for the bass I'm looking for?

The box will be half fiberglass (spare tire wheel compartment ) and half MDF that's why i was thinking of 7.2ft^3 not enough space for a bigger one.
Below i posted 2 Pictures one of the car that the box is going in and the second pic is the two kind of box I'm planning, I'm leaning more toward Box B.

So what do you guys think will be the best, will this work? the kind of box(Box B) I'm planning to use and the Dimensions and Port Freqs? any help will be great. Anyways Thanks, Aruman.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7129
those subs arent meant for anything below 38 hz ported...my bro has one....they have a 40 hz fs actually but my bro's factory box is a 38 hz tune

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7130
1.5 to 1.75 net cubes each should work well for them go with box b

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3938
MTX sucks big time

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1960
an mtx 9515 sucks? ur wild man

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 157
Ok M.S. I know MTX suck, but that's what i have right now to work with, So what subs in similar application do you recommend, like in the same amount of power,subs and sealed enclosure, that can get louder than what i have right now?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3945
Oh damn I'm guilty of not reading the thread...... just assumed you didn't have them yet.

Well, listen to sean he knows what hes talkin about here. The subs have no low end so tuning them low would be pretty useless.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us