HU messed up

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1393
Hey all, I haven't been on lately...been movin n stuff, should be on here more as i'm settled in. Have a bit of a problem here...

Had battery trouble and HU was on while it was happening, so it was turning on and off as we messed with the battery - not sure if that caused anything though. Now that I got a new batt, the speakers make this loud popping noise when HU turns on/off and when I change stations! Also, the cd player portion doesn't work - won't play CDs at all. Did I mess up the HU? THX!

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 623
u could of grounded it out by accident other then the check the hu's fuse. that's all i cn really think of other then dissconnectin it leffting it sit and seeing if it will forget and reset. otherwise sorry but it sounds effed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
sorry my post got scarmbled from the wireless keyboard. as i was saying, check all the hu's wires. make sure thier not grounding out on the body or dash anywhere. then try unplugging a rca or the whole radio and see if it forgets and resets. other then that check the mini fuses in the radio. other then that i think it's shot.

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1394
The ground was never touched, so it's not that. Only thing that was done was the battery change and what i described earlier. Now the popping noise stopped, but the CDs still won't play...

Silver Member

Post Number: 641
no matter what it could be dumb luck still go through everything and retrace. btw u still dissconnect the juice when replacing the batt tat can affect the ground.

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1400
well, guess what? out of the blue the CD player is working

i don't get it, but i'll take it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us