New HU For Xterra 2007

Username: Geckout

Groton, Ct Usa

Post Number: 1
So i am looking to start building my stereo for my new xterra. my plan is to use a good head unit but not make it the most expensive piece. would like to spend around 500$ installed.

my plan:
have a solid deck that has excellent IPOD connectivity.

have top line boston acoustics in front with mid/entry line bostons in rear.

jl 10' sub mounted in the back right (special box over rear wheel hub)

two jl or alpine amps under seats.

my question is what are the opinions of everyone for HU around 500$ installed that are solid decks and have excellent IPOD interface....i have looked at the pioneer premiere 980BT and then the alpine x001 as two possible choices...figured i would see what models i may have missed.

thanks for any suggestions/ help..

John

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 628
all hu's have crappy interface. ur better off buying a harmon cardon drive /play kit. pioneer preimer line will give you best bang for buck. i could ditch those componets and go to the sub forum section, post OT or off topic then ask for componet suggestions, give them a price and someone will give u 10 times better comps and even subsuggestions. the subs sound like a good choice for jl but i'd ditch the bostons. but int eh sub forum u will get a good response alot of good ppl in tht section. just make sure u post it like, example OT: componets otherwise u might upset some ppl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us