Re modeling

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 275
so i am getting my license on friday. and for the school year my dad is letting me have his jeep wrangler.
the stereo and speakers suck and im a big music person so its not gonna work...

what kind of stuff do i need to get a good stereo hooked up...

i was thinking about buying a head unit..
hooking my cheap audiobahn and amp up to it..
and maybe buying a small amp and some decent speakers to go along with it..

any suggestions on making this work would help

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 437
yea go pioner premier , u willneed prob a dash kit, also being a wrangler. bolt stuff down with a torx srew. something that can't let just and azz with a screw driver steal. also run a beefy amp ower wire now to save u the head ache later of re running it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
what should i do about speakers and powering them

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
depends you wanta full blown install or just a pick up from the ordinary? if a pickup then get a good pioneer primere head unit and let that powwer them. if u want a amp amp them. for speakers depends on a budget, woofers for a starter a type r is good i have that but u can go with fi and so on. the problem is you got a wranglerr its easy pickins so buy expensive stuff and don't guard it u will loose it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3120
Good luck with your license test. I remember getting my license, was 4 years ago but seems like yesterday.

Silver Member

Post Number: 278
ya this is a temporary install. i have a cheap audiobahn aw1206t and a 1000rms kenwood amp which will do until i get a real car next year which im putting a fi q in. so i was thinking about just powering some speakers off the hu. do i just build little sealed boxes for the speakers

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
lol thanks i appreciate it. im a pretty good driver so i think ill do fine

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 698
I am a good driverbut for some reason, I failed the driving test 3 times.

rofl.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1355
in a yr new sh!t other than a Q will be out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
about building boxes if u want a real simple way out, go to a lowes or home depot get a giant sized junction box. mount the speaker in there and bolt it anywhere you want in the jeep. also good luck on the driving thing. mine about 4 years ago also was pretty messed up. i went to get in the car and my jeans were dry rotted it tore from mid leg all across my crotchh just before the instructor got in. i nailed the test but had to walk into the dmv with all my junk exposed. so remember failing is never the worst that can happen lol but i never failed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us