10" infinity subs with rockford fosgate 501 punch

luke
I have two 10" infinity reference subs that take 250W RMS @ 4 ohms each, I was thinking of getting a rockford fosgate 501 punch amp to go with them, which is 125 W RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms and 250W RMS x2 @ 2 ohms. Since my subs are 4 ohms each, would this amp deliver 125W or 250W to each? I'm confused. Or should I go with an amp that will give more like 200W x 2 @ 4 ohms?

are your subs Dual Voice Coil or single voice coil?

luke
single coil. I have also found a rockford fosgate 501X that delivers 1500W, with 250W x 2 @ 4 ohms in bridged mode. Would this work?

luke
Derek, would the 501X work well with the infinity 250W RMS single coil?

well, you can wire the subs in parallel to present a 2 ohm load or you could wire them in series to present an 8 ohm load, with the 2 ohm load and that amp you will have too much power going to the subs, but if you have it wired to 8 ohm you will not have enough power. If you wire it in 2 ohm, you will be giving each sub 500 watts, this should work out okay, but just keep the gains on the amp turned way down so you do not damage the subs.

here is the wiring link
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/index.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp=Single+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms&image.x=12&image.y=16

luke
sorry derek, I was wrong, they are Dual Voice Coil. So, I can wire them in either a 1-ohm or 4-ohm load, in this case a 4-ohm load, right, since that amp is not capable of handling a 1-ohm impedence? So dual voice coil x 2 @ 4 ohms, would that mean that the punch501X would give me 250 per sub if i wire at 4-ohms?

luke
I guess what I'm asking is which amp would you suggest for my 250W RMS DVC x2 @4 ohm subs? I know you like JBL, or so I've read. Which amp would you suggest?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us