Gain Question.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1792
OK so last time I asked this I really didnt get a clear answer. I am pretty sure its going to be fine but I just want to run it by everyone to see what you all have to say about it. OK so my headunit has crossovers built into it where I can cut the bass off to my speakers but when I do it feels like its missing some bass. (When I had my tc9) I am not sure if it will with the 10s I won or not but Non the less. I currently have the bass on my headunit set to -5 and midbass +2 and treble+4 I can turn my headunit up to 29/35 and there is no distortion but if I increase my bass I start to notice some. So when I set the gains for my new amp I am planning to just leave the settings I have now verses setting everything flat.

So my question is: Is there going to really be a problem with this? Like is the amp going to send a distorted signal because the one from the headunit will be weak and it will have a hard time amplifying it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1793
Bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 1794
Anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3122
It will raise the noise floor for the sub amp since you will have to crank the gain way up to compensate for turning the bass way down.

Use the x-over on the HU, it is meant for this. However, HU x-overs are usually not fully adjustable and thats causing the hole in frequency response they you're hearing. The way to fix it is to power the speakers will an amplifier which will have an adjustable X-over. Plus it will sound a ton better than the HU.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us