Single or Dual

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 233
Alright a friend of mines wants to know is there any difference between using 2 12's in a common chamber box with 1 slot port or 2 12's in a Dual chamber box with the divider and the 1 slot port

Q: Do subs sound and hit better when they are separated in chambers or it doesn't affect anything

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 234
But wouldn't you get more output if you have dual chambers so you can use the divider to kinda channel air thru the slot port more easier not sure ?

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 235
anyone? don't answer at the same time now!!

Silver Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 152
well i know you would get better sound quality if you used a divider and two seperate ports. but as for SPL bass i would think that no divider and two ports would be the loudest..

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 237
Alright I was wondering because I had plans on building another box for SPL and I wanted to know the best way to go about doing it

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3640
I'm not even gonna touch this one.I want to but I won't.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 6064
YO JOHN KICKER ARE U LOST OR SOMETHING?

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 239
KingRob could you possibly help me out and tell me does a sub divider increase or decrease output from the subs

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 240
or does it even matter if you put 2 subs in a dual or common chamber

Gold Member

Post Number: 6069
WELL IT WILL REALLY NOT CAUSE ANYTHIGN SINCE THE AIR WILL BE PUSHED BY THE SUBS TO THE BACK OF THE BOX OR WHERE THE MAGNET OR MOTOR OF THE SUB IS FACING....

IF THEY WERE LIKE MOUNTED LIKE THE SUBS WITH THEIR MOTOR FACE TO FACE IT WILL CAUSE CANCELLATION SINCE WHEN THEY WILL BE PULLING AND PUSHING THEY WILL CAUSE CANCELLATION...

YOU DONT HAVE TO USE A DIVIDER SINCE THE SUBS WILL PUSH THE AIR TO THE BACK OF THE BOX LIKE I SAID ABOVE.... DONT USE A DIVIDER UR COOL WITOUT IT BRO IF U USE A DIVIDER U WILL BE NEEDING TO USE TWO PORTS ONE FOR THE SPACE OF THE LEFT SUB AND ONE FOR THE RIGHT SUBSINCE THEY WILL BE DIVIDED...

DONT USE A DIVIDER AND IF YOUR GOIGN WITH SLOT POWER WELL CHECK CANNAN'S BOX ON A TREAD WITH THE NAME TWO CARPETS OR SOMETHING AND CHECK HIS BOX...

USING MORE PORTS OR REDUCING PORTS WILL NOT GIVE YOU SPL IF YOUD ONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6070
WELL USING MORE PORTS WHILE KEEPIGN THE LENGHT OF THE FIRST WILL MAKE YOU TUNNING GO HIGEHR THATS WHY THAT GUY JOHN KICKER SAY IT WILL GAIN SPL HAHAHAHA

BUT LIKE IF U USE 2 4 INCH AEROPORTS LIKE 12 INCH LONG FOR AN EXAMPLE AND IT WILL GIVE YOU XX.XX HZ OF TUNING FREQUENCY AND THEN U WILL WANT TO ADD LIKE 2 MORE 4 INCH AEROPORTS WITH SAME LENGHT WELL IT WILL BE TUNNED HIGHER THAN YRO BOX WITH 2 4 INCH PORTS AND IF U WANT THE TUNING OF YORU 2 4 INCH AEROPORTS U WILL HAVE TO TO MAKE THE PORTS AROUND TWICE LONGER THAN YOUR 2 4 INCH BOX

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 242
Alright gotcha good looking KingRob I appreciate the info I will be starting on yet another sub box I will post pics at a later date

Gold Member

Post Number: 6075
COOL DUDE JUZZ MAKE SURE U DONT SOAK THE WOOD IN THE POOL AS SOME DUDES TENT TO DO IT HAHAHAH..

I WISH I HAD SPACE TO BUILD A BOX...

IM MOVED HERE AND WELL WE HAVE SOME STUFF IN THE GARAGE PLUS SOME MACHINES I MEAN BIG MACHINES AND I DONT HAVE SPACE TO BUILD BOXES ANYMORE :-(

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 243
Damn man I don't really either except for and old teacher of mines workshop he has lots and lots of tools and I get to build any box for free I don't pay for wood glue or anything I can build as many boxes as I want for FREE

Gold Member

Post Number: 6079
damn lucky b@stard i wish i had someone with a workshop but yeah i cant build boxes since i dont have space to build them i can do it inside my house but i will make a mess :-)

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 245
yeah just let me know I might be able to build you a box it might take a little time I will let you know asap

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 157
yes i am lost actually, but now i know hah

Gold Member

Post Number: 6102
oh cool joshua i need a new box so bad and i have one designed that it will work perfectly let me know when u finish yoru box so i can see som of yoru work :-)

good thing ur now not lost john :-)

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 159
yeah thanks bud

Gold Member

Post Number: 6106
haha no problem :-)

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 246
But give me a week or 2 and I will be ready to start on your box and how about this I will make you the box, and you only pay for shippin so a FREE BOX I want to see how you like the work and the sound

Gold Member

Post Number: 6109
wow dude thank you :-) ill even send you some customers :-)

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 249
alright thats wassup I am still kinda new at this but give me some time and I will have it down the only thing I need to do my homework on is tuning box's for slot ports and aero ports that stuff....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us