Need help on 15 in titanium eclipse sub

Username: Mcantu619

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 3
I have a 15 in eclipse sub with a 1000 watt jl audio amp. My question is... how many watts can my sub hold? Should I invest in getting another amp? Does the size of the wires connecting the sub to the amp really make a difference? Does the cd player make any difference in the performance of my system? I've gotten different stories and not knowing anything about car systems, I'm confused. Someone please help me.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1032
if u own the eclipse ti, it can easily handle that jl amp. nice stuff u have there for not knowing anything about car audio like u say. the size of the wires to the speaker does not matter as much as the size of power to amp and amp to ground. 12g wiringis fine 4 speakers. 4,2,or 0g is better for power and ground. an aftermarket head unit will definitely add to the quality of your speakers. gives you more control over ur equalizers and easier to expand in the future. also the pre-amp outputs on a factory radio player are nothing compared to a nice head unit. hope that helps. dont hesitate to ask questions. we will help

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2459
those can handle 1500-2000 watts easily.

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your help. My cd player isn't factory, it's a kenwood. My system pounds as is but if there is something I could do to improve it any, I'm going to:-) Thanks again for your help!

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 5
One more question.... like I said I don't know anything about car systems so I paid 300.00 for the sub, box and amp.... did I get a good deal or did I spend too much? Does anyone know how much a 15in titanium eclipse runs for new? I previewed the system before I bought it and fell in love:-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8399
That's a steal. Be happy man.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2246
id punch my grandma in the face to get all that for 300 bucks. great deal.

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 6
LOL... thanks! And I'm not a man:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8402
Oops. My bad.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 964
Paul what kind of guys do you know named Marlena lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8410
Guys, gals, you all look alike here to me lol.

Seriously, we get VERY little female influence here. Please stick around.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3905
lol its a sausage fest ha ha.
theres NOOOOO way u got that equipment for that little. if you did wow

Gold Member

Post Number: 8412
She's a girl. Figure it out lol.

Damn I'm a pig. J/K.

Marlena, however you got that package for that price is your secret. Good luck with it.

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 8
LOL....... a friend of mine owns a pawn shop. ( A female friend.... and no I don't go that way, sorry) I've known her since elementary so she hooked me up! Hey, there's nothing wrong with "sausage fests" :-) Thanks for everyone's help and I'll be sure to stick around!!!

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 9
So Raymond.... what part of Kansas do you live in? I lived in Wichita for about 6 years. Soo glad to be out of that Hell Hole!!!

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 971
Marlena, im from Emporia if you thought Wichita was bad you dont know about Emporia it is tiny but hopefully i'll be getting out of here soon so you like CA a lot better?

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 10
Love Cali..... born and raised here until my dumb as* went to Wichita. And I have been to Emporia.......it sucks even worse. I also lived in Winfield and Ark City. So glad to be home. San Diego is the place to be:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us