The main fuse keeps blowing what is the problem

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 479
ok my friend just got his new kicker zx1000.1 amp and it comes with a 100a ANL fuse and i went to hook the amp up and that fuse broke instantly so then i tried my cousins fuse cuz he has the same amp so i took his fuse and put it in my car and same thing broke rightaway its wierd cuz his last setup he had a kicker zx750.1 with a 12" sub and notthin ever happen but as soon as he got his new stuff zx1000.1 and a 15" sub the fuse blows all the time. oh and i even tried his amp to cuz i thought it could be the amp my friend ordered but we checked his cuzins amp to and the fuse still blows? anybody can help we didnt change the wiring or anything

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 205
somethings grounding, plain and simple. whip out the multimeter and check ur leads, at that rate u'll blow all ur money on fueses without a answer.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 527
keith is right. break out the dmm and find the problem.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 481
what do u mean by that? sumthing is grounding like sumthin and touching metal?? and he dont got a multimeter isnt there a easier way to find the prob out without buyin one of those

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 482
even with a dmm how is that gonna help the problem and figuring out where the problem is

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 528
its $14 at walmart and will last for years. Using is dmm is WAY easier they searching randoms places for an answer.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 529
if you have the proper voltage, wiring is good. If you have no/low voltage, thats where your problem is.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 484
we wouldn't even know the first step in using a dmm tho lol

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 485
ok and if the volage is low how do u fix that problem??

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 530
youd need a better ground.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 486
a better ground from the wire taht goes to the amp??

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
oh boy, dum dums, ok with a digital multi meter u would check leads see what voltage u put out, the meter should tell u if say u are grounded somewhere. even a continuity check can help. the other thing to take in account u could of nicked you fire and it's touchin. see the fuse is blowing do to a short in your power feed, just like if u touched the pos and negitive together.if u want a somewhat simple non meter soloution check all ur grounds make sure thier tight then check all your wires for nicks cuts and so on. now one other thing is your amp just goin to power when this happens? if the subs are hooked up could be a short in thier wiring.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 487
well it cant be the sub cuz the speaker wires wasnt even connected to the woofer yet and teh fuse still blows i found out his is groudned to a bolt goin into his bumper so i told him to find a better ground when he gets more fuses to a solid metal spot in his trunk or under ther back seats. and the fuse still blows even when the car isnt turned on yet.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 488
he said he hooks it up n den as soon as he touch da positive to hook it up to da battery it sparks n blows

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 489
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
are u pluging power in from the power feed to the amp or do u dissconnect the battery then hook the amp up then reconnect the batt? u could be just jolting the amp to hard , what dosen't make sence other then if u had a short is the car being off and it happens.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
i just re read things he has to have a short, somewhre the pos is touchin the body or grounds touchin the pos.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 490
yeah guess we just gotta see what we can figure out when he gets his fuses prob start with a better ground cuz that prob could be the problem

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
u know this is a crazy thought but when u do all this is the rem also attached? it sounds like the rems got constant power makin the amp be instant on and that initial jolt could be doing it.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 491
yea the remote is attached he does ground wire to the amp first then remote wire and then as soon as he goes for the power wire it sparks and blows the main power fuse. but idk cuz the last system worked perfect the zx750.1 but all we did was change to the zx1000.1 which came with a bigger fuse we didnt touch anything??

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
i's gotta be a short theres just no other logical reason unless ur power feeds are like maybe 6 guage. just have him or u follow each wire and see if anthing got nicked anything is possible reguard less if u never changed anything u got the problem so something obviously change if 2 amps are poppin fuses like candy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
another thing if u movedthe ground ahad no change then it's ur pos wire , re check it, it's possible it could of got cut hile going through the fir wall causeing it to be grounded to the body givin u a short. just retrace all your stuff.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 493
yeah true hopefully we will know the problem by the weekend when the fuses come in

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 494
but why didnt this happen to the old fuse and amp setup but as soon as the new amp was put it all we did was plug and play the wires and the fuse pops. i mean could the ground be to weak for this amp compared to the last amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
shouldn't have anything to do with blowin a fuse on initial plugin, theres just no load there like it be when running. u could of moved the power wire enough to start causeing problems when installing. the best bet u should always have a multimeter at hand and u really should use it in this spare time otherwise u will be ordering more fuses. just set the meter to dc and have at it probing ur power wires, if u get one check for a continuity setting that will help alot.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 823
that fuse got PWNED

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
everybody loves raymond, but not today.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts