OT: Fitty hits the jackpot

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2071
Coca-Cola Co. bought the company Glaceau that makes the vitamin water you see everywhere nowadays. They paid $4.1 billion for it and after the company paid off it's debts, and all of that legal crap, the sale netted just over 1 billion in cash and stock. 50 Cent bought 10% of Glaceau's stock in 2004 so he walked away with a cool $100 million in one day.

Put that in perspective... if you made $75k a year, which is a very nice salary, it would take you thirteen hundred thirty three years to make what he made in one day, and that's BEFORE taxes. Sickening ain't it?

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 821
i make 6.85 an hour and work about 16 hours a week, how many milleniums is that?

by the way, i drink vitamin water and it's flucking delicious

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7967
If you try to see any justice don't. We could bring up pro athlete's salaries and debate for hours lol.

Do you know what Barry bonds makes a year? If you averaged it out, he makes more in one game than the average american makes in a couple years. 3 hours in the sun, even if he plays or not.

2007 salary: $15,533,970

Divided by 162 games = $95,888 per game.

Does anybody feel any better?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2074
Alex Rodriguez makes nearly $28,000,000 this year. That's $158,523 per game or roughly $32,000 per at bat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7972
Now we all feel even better Brad lol.

Let's do a Bill Gates comparison.........

Naw. I'm not drunk enough to see the results.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7973
I guess I am drunk enough.

Bill Gates Dollars
Another way to examine this sort of wealth is to compare it to yours. Consider an average American of modest wealth. Perhaps she has a net worth of $70,000. Mr. Gates' worth is 800,000 times larger. Which means that if something costs $100,000 to her, to Bill it's as though it costs 12 cents. You can work out the right multiplier for your own net worth.

So for example, you might think a new Lambourghini Diablo would cost $250,000, but in Bill Gates dollars that's 31 cents.

That fully loaded, multimedia active matrix 233 MHZ laptop with the 1024x768 screen you've been drooling after? Half a penny.

A nice home in a rich town like Palo Alto, California? Two dollars. That nice mansion he's building? A more reasonable $63 to him.

You might spend $50 on tickets, food and parking to take your date to see an NHL hockey game. Bill, on the other hand could buy the team for 50 Bill-bills.

You might buy a plane ticket on a Boeing 747 for $1200 at full-fare coach. In Bill-bills, Mr. Gates could buy six 747s (Not tickets, the planes themselves). Two for him, two for Melinda and two for young Jennifer Katherine.

Yet More
Evan Marcus, a Systems Engineer from Fair Lawn, New Jersey who maintains a Bill Gates Net Worth Page on his web site, notes that Bill could buy every single major league team in Baseball, Football, Basketball and Hockey for only about 35% of his net worth -- plenty left over to buy a European sport.

Of course then he wouldn't have around $150 for every person in the USA as he does now. Nor could he still give $6.70 to every person on the planet.

Marcus suggests that Bill could pay Michael Jordan's 1997 salary only 1300 times, but that he could buy 902 million subscriptions to TV guide. He's also fascinated by how much much all this money would be if put into dollar bills. Laid end to end, the Bills would stretch 3.8 million miles -- to the moon and back over 8 times. They could paper over all of Manhatten 7 times, or be stacked 2,690 miles high -- watch out for satellites. They would weigh 40,000 tons -- 100 times the weight of one of those 747s he bought above.

But one thing Marcus says Bill can't do is even dent the national debt. Should he selflessly donate his stock to the U.S. treasury, he would reduce the $5.37 trillion national debt by well under 1%. It's nice to put things in perspective.

On his way into the office, should he see or drop a $1000 bill on the ground, it's just not worth his time to bend over and pick it up. He would make more just heading off to work.

Hey, Bill, if you just spent 3 minutes reading this article, do you realize you could have made $50,000 in that time? Back to work. And like I said, no hard feelings.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 218
hahah i make 6.85 too at dairy queen/orange julius. but i work like 35 hours a week

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1369
6.75 an hr at about 55 per week

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 848
Brad, you can't count taxes for the guy making 75k a year, and not for fitty. Capital gains from stock are taxable, so although he made 100 million, he will be taxed on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7976
Rich ppl suck.

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 822
bill gates is actually a somewhat down to earth guy though btw. My aunt sees him at the local grocery store just going about his normal errands and he's not impatient nor does he think he's a god or anything

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2078
"Brad, you can't count taxes for the guy making 75k a year, and not for fitty. Capital gains from stock are taxable, so although he made 100 million, he will be taxed on it."

That's why I left the figures as is. Also, these guys with the big money have very crafty accountants that will tie that money up right away and very little will remain taxable.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5703
from the share fifty bought he got 400,000 not 100,00 plus the new money he will be getting hes gon beat diddy and be the richest rapper right now p diddy have anet worth of 375 million while it lost the leader ship jay z got with 365 i think but diddy beat jay z but i think now fifty is 1st

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 539
I don't see why people are so upset.. the guy made a really good investment and it paid off. your stock broker or financial consultant could have told you to invest in Glaceau, just like i'm sure his did. it was a smart move on his part financially, and if you'd all invested some money in their stock before they struck it big with vitamin water, you would all be super pleased to make a good amount of money. Yes, the fact that he was already really rich helped him make that much money, but if you had the money, you'd do the same thing. sorry if i'm stirring up some trouble, but my mom is a stock broker and financial consultant, so i hear this stuff a lot.. lol. it was just a good investment that payed off. and i don't think it's justified when people rag on rich people. like bill gates for example.. lets see.. what are you guys all using right now? oh wait, i bet atleast half of you are using windows, just like me. and if you take the percent of people in the world that use windows, is how much money he has/makes really that unjustified?? i think not. and even someone as small as 50 cent.. how many people bought his first cd? i'll tell you how many, a metric sh*it ton, that's how many. that cd set all sorts of records for sales at the time. and i'm willing to be a lot of people on here bought it. so if you support him, don't rag on him for having money. i'm not trying to be sh*itty with anyone.. just my 2 cents.. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 540
by the way, vitamin water is the fu(ckin sh*it..

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1071
I didnt read any of this but "fiddy" is a p*ssy. His music sucks more d*ck than Drivingreckless's mom. I would slap him in the face if i ever met him. F*ck him and Eminem. They are both peices of sh*t.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2084
"from the share fifty bought he got 400,000 not 100,00 plus the new money he will be getting hes gon beat diddy and be the richest rapper right now p diddy have anet worth of 375 million while it lost the leader ship jay z got with 365 i think but diddy beat jay z but i think now fifty is 1st"

I explained why that isn't true lil rob, learn to read dude.

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 835
i know a lot of people hate some rappers, but i have to say p diddy and jay-z are excellent businessmen or have become them. They developed successful rap careers and then started clubs, clothing lines, drinks, EVERYTHING and EVERYONE buys into it, producing incredible amounts of revenue which eventually go into pure profit for those guys.

it also helps to ahve huge start up capital. But either way, they're loaded and they're self made, no one passed on a fortune 500 company to them

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4737
that bill gates stuff is funny, yet sad at the same time

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3010
Wow reading some people posted their salaries in here (no offense to anyone) makes me think I'm doing better than I thought........ I work in a warehouse 40 hrs/week during the summer and get 8.50/hr..... and I didn't think I was doing that great

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 353
p didiy sucks he needs to stay off mtv with that making of the band cr@p i cant stand that show but he keeps doing why? because of the money.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 8046
What you make is in relation to where you live. The cost of living factor is essential in determining your value in what you do. $100,000/year in New York city is considered average, because of the cost of living there. The same job in Topeka Kansas pays probably $35,000/year.

Bad comparison but you get the idea. What I pay for a mortgage where I live could probably buy an estate somewhere else.

Demographics.

Besides, it's not what you do for a living that counts, but how well you do it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
sh!t i pay a cool 180 a month here:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
godd@m it bump!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8057
"sh!t i pay a cool 180 a month here"

For rent???

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
yep well i live with my parents lol cant complain though

Gold Member

Post Number: 8067
Love it while it lasts. I used to give my folks $50/week. Back then it was fair.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us