Installing built-in need dampening ideas.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2947
In the next three days I will be installing my permanent single 15" enclosure under the back deck sealed off from the trunk. The thing is even if I bolt it, seal it and everything else there is still that slight chance from box flex that it can still rattle with the underlying metal. I need a dampening membrane under and on top of the box to keep all quiet. There will be no carpet in the box area so I was thinking of using Herculiner on the metal then when dry using either a thin padding or a floor underlayment for the membrane then to keep it all stiff I will use another layer of herculiner over the membrane to keep in place. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Oh and BTW which direction is best to have the port, driver or passenger side? Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2142
you know dynamat might work as a dampener if i think am reading this post correctly. as far as what side the port is on thats something you may experiment with. results vary wih that kind of stuff

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2948
I already have 425 sqft of Dyna through my car, works great but it does not stop the box from vibrating off the metal car floor. May need something thicker. Polo...

B
U
M
P

T
H
I
S

S
H
I
T

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4735
what about like a sheet of styro foam?? kinda ghetto though.

maybe try emailing rick at raammat.net he might have some ideas.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4736
^^^dont confuse that with his email because its not i ment thats the web site.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us