Can car stereos be hooked up to dvd players?

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 787
i just bought two 7" screens for my car but i dont have a dvd player yet i dont want to take out my Panasonic cd player it has an auxilary input in the back though can i connect a dvd player through this or is that not possible if not can someone help me find a way to hook up my screens?

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 790
come on anyone the screens are on their way

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5044
The AUX input is for sound.

You can hook up the DVD players audio output to the radio's AUX input and the sound will play thru your system.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 183
for one i have never instaled screens, but u need a dvd player , otherwise how the hell u plan on watching a dvd? as far as aux goes u could use a portable dvd player jack it's headphone jack into the aux then ur dvd player will play through ur system then try and put the dvd playes video out to the screens.

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 792
Keith, i know i do thats why the titles says that lol well so if i got it right aslong as i get a portable dvd player i should be able to use my system as surround sound

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 798
Bump for answers

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3011
If you have a portable DVD player you can connect the audio to your HUs AUX input and the video to your LCD screens. Should be pretty simple, the screens should have composite video or S-video inputs.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 192
suround sound no, stereo audio, yes. u need a sound processor to get a surround sound recreation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us