OT>computer geeks

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 223
ok, I've been using Utorrent for a while, but just recently noticed that my port isn't forwarded (whatever that means)...anyway, from what I have read, if I can forward my port, that will really increase my download speed. So, here's the problem, I am on an ethernet connection that is shared by all 5 apartments in my building. I have no way of finding out what type of router Comcast is using, as it is locked inside a box outside...is there any way I can forward the port without knowing that info?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3365
You'd probably need a password...wolfman and if you're not computer savvy enough you probably wouldn't be able to figure it out.

START>RUN>CMD>Ipconfig/all

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
I already did the ipconfig/all and got my ip address, but when I put it in, it says unable to connect to server

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 315
Chances are there's a server admin and he has the router passworded so noone can mess things up. but it's worth a shot eh...in your browser try...

If you are able to get into the router config. you should be able to find port forwarding and all the info you will need. gl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
jeremy, tried all 3 of those, all 3 timed out.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 174
is ur comcast acctually bread into the building if so ur well screwed , u have to have acess. try bit tornado it uses diff port config and i can do a whole cd in like less then 3 min. als ur peers make the diff along with ur bandwith settings.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
there is a box outside at the end of the building that has the router in it. all we hav in the apartments are ethernet plugs on the walls. so I'm screwed....I'll try bit tornado and see if its faster.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us