Capacitors???

Silver Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 104
i need help on this topic....Capacitors. I kinda know how they work but not really, also whats that different farad mean? and the display at the top, is that in amps? or sumthin?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1311
dont get a cap. go with a small batt like a kinetik HC600 similar discharge characteristics but much more power.

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 106
bump

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 565
A capacitor is an electrical device that can store energy in the electric field between a pair of closely-spaced conductors (called 'plates'). When voltage is applied to the capacitor, electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite polarity, build up on each plate.

Capacitors are used in electrical circuits as energy-storage devices. They can also be used to differentiate between high-frequency and low-frequency signals and this makes them useful in electronic filters.

Capacitors are occasionally referred to as condensers. This is now considered an antiquated term.

1 farad 1000watts max
2 Farad 2000watts max....ETC

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1222
haha whered u copy and paste that from ...

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 109
ha w/e u made sense of it thanks..

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5262
"haha whered u copy and paste that from ..."

lol damn it mike, you beat me to it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
its all good tho ...

like u said if u can understand what hes saying then ur good to go ...

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 114
so for 2 12" L7' a 2 farad or 1.9 farad would be alright?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1224
ideally ... u wouldnt base it off of the woofers u are using in ur application

you would base it off the amount of power your using to supple power to the driver

in your case with about 1500-2000 watts to optimally power the L7s a 1.9 would work fine, but instead of wasting money on a cap ... put that money towards a good enclosure or to the BIG 3 upgrade in your vehicle... once you have upgraded your electrical, then add a capacitor if you feel inclined too

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 569
LOL...Wikpedia or something...Copy/paste is easier than explaining..the 1 farad = 1000 and etc i didnt copy...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6317
Best place to learn/read is bcae1.com. It'll explain things without being biased. Too many people say caps are sh!t and useless. To me that's not being helpful at all. No electronic piece is useless, if it were, it wouldn't have been invented/created. Like all things, when used properly, it has it's benefits.
So if you're one of those people, please state facts not opinions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us