2 subwoofer questions

Silver Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 266
It seems that whenever someone posts a thread about Alpine type R's theres no negative replys. Are they pretty good "budget" or whatever you guys call them subs? ALSO will there be a difference from 16g wire to 12g wire? Sound wise.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 750
They are decent budget drivers. They don't excel at anything, but for around $130 shipped they are good.

And don't use smaller than 12 gauge speaker wire for subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11671
^^^agreed but i like the clean\smooth loooows from them .......

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1979
type r's r nice subs and they like the lows... overall great subs

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 332
Hey Dub C, are you looking to buy a pair, because Im looking to sell my subs and the custom box. I paid $275.00 for em a month or so back and they have seen really no more than 7 hours of play time and are barely broken in. As far as the box goes, its 3.5 Cubes tuned to 35Hz Dual Flared port and dual chamber. It's carpeted and has terminal cups installed. I'll post some pictures. Im looking to get $210.00 shipped for the Type R's, and $150.00 shipped for the box. If you buy as a package, $350.00 shipped for subs and box.
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 112
how much you want for 1 sub and the box? 10s or 12s???

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 344
that box is for 12's, same size as the subs. I have a sale pending on both subs and a different box, but if you are interested in that box, it is for sale.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
damnit lol i wanted to double up... i already got a type r 10. i was wishing that the box u had was for two tens and the subs were 10s. f***

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 345
ill make you a box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
well i would need another 10 ya know and a ten inch dual box. but im prolly gonna get another ten by next friday and ill def. hit u up. how long do u usually take to make boxes?

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 346
2 and a half days if i take my time. and work 10-10.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 348
probably a lil less actually, but if i do take my time i can paint ports carpet and get the entire assembly easily in 2 and a half days time, but im not gonna seal it up without letting the glue dry or do this in a hurry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us